Sales Page help needed

Stephen

Ecommerce SEO / SEM
BuSo Pro
Degree
Hi,

I am about to start work with a designer and I need to come up with a concept and text for a sales page.
Problem is I have no real idea where to start with this.

Anyone here have any good processes or walkthroughs I can use at all?

This is not my forte at all so I am a bit lost, I also don't want to lead my designer up the wrong path!

Many thanks

If I was you, I'd order the book Cashvertising and read that across a day or two. You'll have so many ideas and know exactly HOW to say it.

If you don't have time for that, try to get into the mind of your potential buyers. It's all psychology. You want to hit their pleasure and pain points.

For example, is it a vanity product? Tell them how beautiful, strong, and unique they'll be. Their ego will be huge because nobody else around them has this premium product.

Hit them with some fear... what opportunities are they losing by NOT having this? What doomsday scenario will befall them if they don't buy right now.

Hit them with some conversion copy. Tell them how there's a limited quantity, and on top of that, the special deal you're running will only last for the next 24 hours before the price jumps up, free shipping, etc.

You've seen so many real-life examples of this type of thing. Think and summon up examples and you'll know where to go. Look at competitors in the niche. Look at commercials on TV, magazines, etc.

Have testimonials, proofs of concept or whatever. Use images of people being happy using the product, achieving the goal and purpose of the product.

You get the point. You got this. Get Cashvertising though, it's mandatory!

Thanks so much for you detailed reply, I really appreciate it!!

One worry I have is that I am targeting the World rather than one specific market. In the UK for instance, users there really despair at anything that resembles American sales patter as it normally comes across as brash and a bit cheap.

I can't do a sales page for each country right now, so I am a bit stuck on the best way forward!

If you cannot do a sales page for both audiences - Just do one and focus it. Better to fully sell one audience than half sell two audiences. But, in the end I think you will end up being surprised at what actually converts - we tend to give audiences too much sophistication credit and say that would never sell.

Take every feature of your product and turn it into a bennefit, then look at it from the custumoers perspective and ask yourself the WIFM ("What's in it for me") focus on the wifm's on your sales page how is your product/services helpfull or usefull to your audience both practically and emotionally.
Then you also need to adress your audiences possible objections towards the product/service and handle them so that in the end their is no good reason for a visitor not to buy your product/service.
Maybe include a story or case study wher your audience can see and get a feel for how your product can help them.

The first thing you need to do is come up with your ideal customer persona. Who is he/she? What do they like to do? How many kids do they have? What kind of job do they have? What do they drive? Where do they spend their disposable income. etc etc. Be as detailed as possible.

After that, you can take the other steps mentioned here. Unless you REALLY know your audience, you won't be able to effectively market to them.

It sounds trivial but it is incredibly important!

Back