Running Ads and Affiliate Links on the Same Page

Degree
I recently joined Mediavine, and I am wondering...

1. Has anyone tested running ads on their buyer guide pages? It's been six days, and Amazon Associate's revenue has slightly gone down, but sales have definitely decreased. Perhaps this is just a coincidence, but has anyone ran any tests to discover what happens when both ads and affiliate links are on the same page? I disabled all ads on my buyer guides when I was with Ezoic.

2. The past few days I've seen a maximum RPM of $17, which is similar to Ezoic. Can I expect this to increase over time?

3. If I disable ads on some pages, then I will no longer meet the minimum traffic requirement for Mediavine. Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

1. Yes, no noticeable decrease in sales. People are used to seeing ads. Just don't be obnoxious about it.
2. Depends on your niche. Mediavine did take like 30 days to scale up.
3. Dunno, don't get audited though.

You need to test it. But a lot of guys says there's no problem

The only real answer is that you need to test it for yourself to see what works.

For some of my websites, having display ads right along my affiliate links make no difference to the conversion rate - but for some other websites it's like night and day where I literally stop getting conversions altogether if I start showing display ads.

The only real answer is testing. If you're using Google Analytics, consider using Google Optimize for A/B testing :smile:

Back