ROAS setup suggestions for content arb

schindyguy

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey guys looking for suggestions on how to setup google analytics and/or your overall system to optimize traffic sources for profitability on paid content arb sites. My run rate is about 10MM pageviews this mo and know I'm leaving money on the table by wasting time on a laborious daily reporting task and not on purchasing more media from different sources or scaling current campaigns.

My goal is to see (in as close to realtime as possible) the total revenue and cost by campaign/source.

Currently, I pass an ID into utm_source for each source/campaign and then look at adsense earnings by utm_source through analytics under publisher section. For revenue of native and SSP partners, I log into the system and can also view by utm_source. For another partner I get 2 daily emails that also provide revenue by utm_source. On the cost side I use my tracking platform for costs, clicks and conversions (a "conversion" is a user with at least 10 pageviews). Then throughout the day I add up all the revenue and divide by the amount of "conversions" in my tracking platform to arrive at an average RPA. This allows me to roughly see the ROAS within my tracking platform

My plan is to pull all the revenue data from each of those partners by utm_source into a db and then get the cost data from my tracking platform's reporting api (the utm_source matches with an aff_id in the platform). Then put cost and rev by partner/source/campaign all together in a pretty table, graph, etc.

I know there are reporting APIs for adsense, analytics, and native partners but any suggestions for ingesting daily emails and parsing it into a db?

And are you using goals, custom events or anything specific in google analytics as a content arbitrager?

Do you have a completely custom setup or are you using some libraries, saas's or resources to accomplish any of this?

Any suggestions in general on my approach? Am I being stupid or overlooking something? Thanks!

Back