Resource Page Question

Degree
So I'm planning out a piece of content that will be a huge resource for people. In order to not give away my specific niche, I will use dessert recipes as my example here.

I am going to create a large resource of dessert recipes that have already been created by others in the niche. Something like "50 Best Dessert Recipes".

I was thinking I would group them by similar attributes and make it super easy to navigate through all of the different recipes. What I'm not sure about is if I should actually post the recipe on my site (I would link back to the original source still) - or simply have a link out to the site where the recipe is.

What do you guys think would be the best move here?

post the "recipes" on your site, if you drop a link to the oiginal source great, if you don't just as great, the link will only matter to the search engines, they will in most cases rank your site lower than the original one but not allways, however if you plan on getting traffic from traffic leaks and not rely heavely on search engines, I don't really think your readers will give a dang about weather or not you created the content or not as long as it is usefull to them.
But if you only drop the link to the original source you are making it more difficult for your visitors to gain access to the info they want and the search engines will probably see your site as either spammy or a link farm. Remember that people are gennerally inhearently lazy, so the easier you make their journy the better.

Show the whole "recipe" AND link out for each one. If you are linking out to quality sites, get them involved some how. Get a statement from each site owner about why they like this particular recipe.

Get readers to attempt cooking them. Maybe run a 50 day long community-wide thing where everyone cooks through all 50 and posts to instagram, pinterest, etc. The best pics get featured on your site, recognized with social media announcements, links, etc.

There's all kinds of stuff you could do to leverage this kind of huge post to gain a ton of links, traffic, and social signals to it.

Thanks for the great replies.

Yea I was planning on contacting the owners to see if I could get them to share it on social media/link to it. But that's an even better idea about the community-wide event -- taking things to the next level!

I'll report back on the results.

Back