Repurposed sites after May update

Degree
Does anyone have a repurposed site (non 301) which is untouched by this May update? seems like the majority of sites I've been tracking have taken a hit to some extent

I have one that's steadily climbing up. The screen shot of organic traffic growth is below, showing the past 90 days.

Y8ANEGk.png

On the other hand, my main project that's not on a repurposed domain took a solid 10% hit, but this was after the core update and due to something they tweaked after the fact as they always do with the needed corrections.

I have one that's steadily climbing up. The screen shot of organic traffic growth is below, showing the past 90 days.

Y8ANEGk.png

On the other hand, my main project that's not on a repurposed domain took a solid 10% hit, but this was after the core update and due to something they tweaked after the fact as they always do with the needed corrections.
That's interesting man. I saw you in another thread showing one you tossed up in November. Is that one still going strong too?
By the way - do you restore the old URLs and link from them or just leave them as 404s?

Y8ANEGk.png

Did you do any fresh link building on this repurposed domain?

That's interesting man. I saw you in another thread showing one you tossed up in November. Is that one still going strong too?
By the way - do you restore the old URLs and link from them or just leave them as 404s?

My bad, I never noticed this post or would have replied. This is probably the same site you saw before. I don't restore the old URLs. I recreate content or make it better but on the exact same topic, and then 301 them. Some I let 404 if the links aren't there, the content sucks, or the links aren't worth the bother.

Did you do any fresh link building on this repurposed domain?

I have done zero link building on this site thus far. It's growing based on the content aging and the power of the previous links. I am planning on starting some minor link building to specific pages and see how it reacts, but the main goal is to not have to worry about links and just dump content on it.

I had just started re-ranking an abandoned project and the hit came while I was peaking in April. Do they roll this out slowly?

Untitled-2.png

I know I took a nasty hist from adwords last year when they cut off one of my keywords saying it inhibited inappropriate behavior, mind you it was getting 200+ clicks per day with a 35% conversion. And they slowly rolled that out from least CTR up and they took 2 months from saying they would to actually doing it.

Untitled-3.png

It seems google will always find a way to equalize the internet and not let the little guy catch the big guy. Maybe I am just a conspiracy theorist lol.

Back