Repixel - Anyone Heard Of This?

Jared

Breaking the Shackles of a Lifetime of Bummery
Degree
I heard about this from a Jon Dykstra email:

Repixel.co - Retarget Someone Else's Sites & Apps

Rather than waste time explaining it, I'll let Jon do the work:

The best way to explain it is the Facebook pixel analogy.

I'm sure you know that you can add a FB pixel to your site so that you can advertise on Facebook to all those visitors. It's retargeting. You can do it with Google ads also.

With this new data monetization service, you as publisher can get in on making money with retargeting data by selling access to your traffic profile.

All you do is sign up, and put a snippet of code on your website.

Advertisers that are interested in targeting your visitor profile with ads, can bid on your visitor profile on a CPM basis.

For example, if you operate a dog site, large pet stores can pay you for access to your visitor profile for retargeting ads.

Maybe the most intriguing thing is, the data can be sold to multiple buyers. If 10 companies want your data at $1/CPM, you're looking at $10/CPM -- not too shabby.

On the downside, I checked out the Repixel site and it still feels very small time. Their social accounts are mostly dead, too. Doesn't give me much confidence in the company. There are also questions on the legality/validity of this method. Is it something that's going to piss off Facebook and/or Google?

Anyone heard of this, or even tried it? Are there more established companies doing the same thing Repixel.co is doing?

Back