Removing Bad Links

Cash Builder

BuSo Pro
Degree
Last year, I built lots of expired Tumblr posts pointing to multiple pages on my website, as it seemed like the thing to do at the time.

I'm not sure how much of a positive / negative impact they are having, but I would like to remove them anyway.

As far as I can see, I have 3 options:

1. Login to each tumblr account and just delete the account.

2. Login to each tumblr account and just delete the links.

3. Put all the links into a disavow file and submit it to Google.

I'm leaning towards the third option, as the first 2 May take a while for Google to re-index them, if they ever get re-indexed at all.

What would everyone else do?

#3 will take the exact amount of time that #1 and #2 will take. They are equal in time because they all depend on Google re-crawling. They don't add an internal nofollow tag to disavowed links until they're recrawled them.

You could find a spammer and offer him/her the links, login manually and switch the links, then give them the login information. "I'll do the work and give you the accounts for $500 and you can tier through them all day." eLiquid just talked about looking for an upside, which is what made me consider this. You could pay a VA to do it, then check with Scrapebox or some spidering tool to make sure the links are gone, and turn a profit while having done next to nothing.

Don't disavow things just for shits & giggles. You'll fuck up those tumblr domains for future SEOs that might pick them up.

I would simply delete the links. You never know how you'll be able to repurpose your existing content.

#3 will take the exact amount of time that #1 and #2 will take. They are equal in time because they all depend on Google re-crawling. They don't add an internal nofollow tag to disavowed links until they're recrawled them.

You could find a spammer and offer him/her the links, login manually and switch the links, then give them the login information. "I'll do the work and give you the accounts for $500 and you can tier through them all day." eLiquid just talked about looking for an upside, which is what made me consider this. You could pay a VA to do it, then check with Scrapebox or some spidering tool to make sure the links are gone, and turn a profit while having done next to nothing.

That's a good idea, even if they are no use to me they will be of some use to someone. I'll log into each one, delete all the content and then try and sell them all as one package. I think I have about 70.

Don't disavow things just for shits & giggles. You'll fuck up those tumblr domains for future SEOs that might pick them up.

I would simply delete the links. You never know how you'll be able to repurpose your existing content.

I have since realized there is no need to disavow if I can just delete them myself, no use giving G more info for no reason.

Back