Redirect Expired > Expired > Main Site

DR/UR or DA/PA

• Total voters
Degree
did you ever think about this kinda redirect ? in-terms of powering-up your expired domain, let's say you have an expired domain that have link from authority domain, but you have another domain which is have more metric on DR/UR (Ahrefs), but you don't want to use that domain tho, what you are gonna do about it ? can we just redirecting it to one of my domain which have an authority backlink ?

Example :

SFg-Ebr-Upng-1.jpg

and also, another question :
1. which one you prefer in order buy an expired domain? DR/UR from Ahrefs or DA/PA from Moz ?
2. when buy expired domain, are you make a couple of related post into the domain and redirect it each page from the domain to your main site, or you just setup the domain and make a couple of related post and then redirect just from root domain of expired domain to your root main site?

thank you.

i am new to this forum, so i can't write this post into search engine or another discussion pages :happy:

Theoretically, you shouldn't be using redirect chains. They happen on inner pages, but from domain to domain it seems like an unlikely occurrence, one that might eventually bring scrutiny.

Practically, it probably works fine. It's only a two-leap chain if you got everything else right in terms of https-vs-non-https and www-vs-non-www. If you start goofing that up that could easily explode to a 6-8 leap redirect chain, in which case Google stops crawling at 5 redirects. They'll return later to finish the crawl but it's not a good thing for your crawl budget and frequency.

1. In my mind, DA/PA are pretty worthless. Moz crawls backlinks slower than molasses and never finds enough. They do manage to find a ton of worthless Alexa scrapers and crap though.

2. You don't want to only redirect the homepage (or all pages to the homepage). You want to make this look like a business acquisition. So you'd redirect the about page to the about page, contact to contact, and any pages with quality links to similar pages on your original domain, creating new ones if you have to. This is not where you want to be lazy about it.

2. You don't want to only redirect the homepage (or all pages to the homepage). You want to make this look like a business acquisition. So you'd redirect the about page to the about page, contact to contact, and any pages with quality links to similar pages on your original domain, creating new ones if you have to. This is not where you want to be lazy about it.
most of the expired domain that i found is just to the root domain which is foundational and it is from directory site and authority, and most of them is just ~10 - ~20 RD, and also it has DR >20, why i think about it is just relevant domain/website, should i keep finding the similar domain or what @Ryuzaki ?

and also, any place / website / vendor that provide an expired or Aged that you know that the domain from them is just work?

thank.

Redirects have been discussed in depth here and if you do a quick search

Site:buildersociety.com 301

You'll find a couple of great threads.

most of the expired domain that i found is just to the root domain which is foundational and it is from directory site and authority, and most of them is just ~10 - ~20 RD
How do you search? Even in daily drops there are always few hundred domains with much higher backlink profile. Of course most of them are junk but you can find few gems and even catch them.

Back