Reddit traffic leaking

You sweet, sweet angel.

A little part of me died after reading though. I can't imagine this remains a viable loophole for much longer.

This will remain, as this cuts to the heart of what reddit is.

Yeah, I misread at first because I was excited. I thought it was scraping soon-to-be "hot" threads and cross posting in other subreddits. This actually doesn't go that far and just allows you to place yourself in the right place at the right time, which is awesome.

I just used this script, had to modify it a bit in order to work, and seems to be working fine. Need to change some parameters around to get some good results! Good find @emp !!

RedditLater was actually mentioned on this forum.
So I can't take full credit for that.

::emp::

Posted asking for legal recommendations on my startup the other day, had 500 sessions from it. Pretty sweet.

JjI9qD4.png

I just wanna say as far as the soft-skills of Reddit traffic:

Every single subreddit has a different mob mentality to it, so there is a different way to approach each of them. Each has a different blend of link/self posts, or a moderator-imposed self-only, link-only setup. Be cognizant of this.

Also, look up the top posts for the last week, month, and year. These are your 3 targets as far as what it takes to get a post to drive solid, awesome, or balls out traffic (depending on the volume of the sub, of course). Decide which one you want achieve. Fact is, some content you create is only good for something like @Callum Short

I posted to a sub with 500k subscribers and got a top-year type of response for that subreddit (20k hits in 2 days), even though there were a lot of posts about the exact same topic. This was for a blog that I had started about a week earlier.

dIUYgX0.png

The reason that it did well in this case was for a few reasons:
  • All of the other posts were self posts, mine was a link to a "3rd party site" (mine). This made commenters much more free to speak their mind than they would be if it was a self post where they would be shitting on the OP personally (aka shitting on a Redditor vs. a 3rd party resource).
  • My headline made a claim that is both true and not true at the same time, based on how you think about it. Think "Organic labeling is a fraud, we need a better way to label truly "natural" food." That is true and not true at the same time - USA organic certifications allow for a lot of shitty growing practices, but there's also no better classification right now. It provokes discussion.
  • Headlines for Reddit are unlike headlines for articles. The equation that has worked for me is basically anti-BuzzFeed + speak to one person + troll = success. Reddit inherently hates click-bait articles almost site-wide, so you have to do a subtle click-bait where it basically comes off as a "Redditzed headline."
Hope that helps in conjunction w/ all of the good stuff that @emp and others offered. Often times even if you nail the timing, the subreddit...you do not nail the tone, positioning, and phrasing so your efforts still fail.

I'd say that today's reddit venture went pretty decent. ~50 aff link clicks
Need to work a lot harder on creating better titles.

ajVgIpW.png

Keeping it really simple with the headlines seems to work well.

"Here's a picture of a boat." Like underpromise on the headline and over-deliver by actually having something interesting on the other side. The opposite of clickbait which over promises and disappoints.

Why didnt i click on this earlier. Going to do some experimenting with this. Wish me luck

I just used this script, had to modify it a bit in order to work, and seems to be working fine. Need to change some parameters around to get some good results! Good find @emp !!

Hey red_devil010,

I guess a lot of people would appreciate it if you could post the changed script!(I do not care which coding lang it is in!)

Back