Recommended analytics for click tracking?

Degree
Working on a custom project where I need click tracking on offer links. It's for both PPC and organic.

It's meant to be more of basic click tracking, not full fledged like Voluum or Thrive.

I was considering using Piwik, as that would prevent me from having to reinvent the wheel with pretty graphs etc., but not sure if there's anything better. I'd like to steer clear of using Google Analytics, if possible ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Any suggestions?

You can checkout Yandex Metrica, if it fits your needs. It have recently added it on a semi-abandoned project so can't comment on its capabilities.

If I remember correctly, Piwik also has plugins, none fit your need?

Thanks infotech, will check it out. Does look nice.

Yeah, Piwik would appear to do what I need, just asking if there's something obvious I'm not aware of.

Well i guess prosper202 would be considered full fledged? It not if you can find older versions on github that are still totally free.

You can use Google Tag Manager to do some nice, easy tracking too.

For example I used custom IDs with a leading character set and then track those clicks as events in Google Analytics.

IE I’ll add an id=“rev-tag-name” to all links on review pages (changing tag-name to a verbose definition) and then track any clicks starting with “rev-“ in Google Tag Manager as an analytics event.

Back