Recommendations For TOS, Disclaimers and Privacy Policy Pages

Degree
So I've been doing research to legitimately build the brand with my site including all the EEAT signals. One thing I'm having trouble finding is a good TOS, Disclaimers and Privacy Policy page provider. I used Termly for a bit but it was $20/month and not really worth the trouble since its a cost that should only be done once.

Do you use anyone specific either free or charged? Would love to hear thoughts for really getting the EEAT properly setup.

I usually just find a few big sites, grab bits and pieces from each one's policy, and adapt/re-write it for my own site with whichever parts are relevant. Are you able to spin up Termly and just copy/paste it so that you don't have to keep paying?

Depending on your site, if it's just a regular blog/info site and you aren't collecting user generated content, aren't having people sign up, and so on - I think you can get away with a pretty simple TOS, etc.

I wish I could copy and paste. They are really good with ensure the text spit out is done through JS. Can't even do it on the Termly site. I will check other sites in my niche and do some changes which should help.

Thanks for your help @Potatoe !

Hey @Wazzy88 I'm not a lawyer but you are welcome to rip some of mine off.

I took some elements from the big boys and then you will end up having to appease your ad network one day as well (AdThrive and Mediavine at least..not sure if Ezoic have standards. :happy: ).

I can't promise they are legal but they have worked well on sites that have ranked well. Drop me a DM if you want to take that route.

WordPress has T&C & Privacy Policy by default in their pages when you start a new site, so I just use those. Should be fine to get started. Alternatively there's a lot of free generators out there, I just used one yesterday. "Free terms conditions generator" and you'll find them. Just remember to go through the text and remove the backlink, as well as doing any edits you need to do.

Hey @Wazzy88 I'm not a lawyer but you are welcome to rip some of mine off.

I took some elements from the big boys and then you will end up having to appease your ad network one day as well (AdThrive and Mediavine at least..not sure if Ezoic have standards. :happy: ).

I can't promise they are legal but they have worked well on sites that have ranked well. Drop me a DM if you want to take that route.
Those were my thoughts exactly in terms of the ad networks. I want to make sure I get approved whenever that may be. Ill check out some of the bigger players in my niche and narrow it down. Thank you for the advice!

WordPress has T&C & Privacy Policy by default in their pages when you start a new site, so I just use those. Should be fine to get started. Alternatively there's a lot of free generators out there, I just used one yesterday. "Free terms conditions generator" and you'll find them. Just remember to go through the text and remove the backlink, as well as doing any edits you need to do.
I did a quick search of free ones and for the most part they do look complete. Good call in removing the backlink. Thank you

I usually find others in that exact niche, and copy from them section by section(mixed). Then swap the Brand Name. A hybrid of those shouldn't be a prob anytime in the future.

(I'm talking about blog sites. For eCommerce/SAAS/others that are sensitive, you should hire some expert to do it)

Find a competitor that's doing the same thing. Copy his TOS, Disclaimers and Privacy Policy then use ChatGPT to modify some parts. Also, check if these pages have anything that contradicts what you want.

Thanks, I pretty much did exactly that. Got some help from GPT too

Back