Ready or not...

Degree
Hello BuilderSociety,

I'm one of your sneaky lurkers. Although I have been involved in the internet marketing game for years I have mostly kept to the shadows like some creepy stalker. The only internet marketing forum I've ever really participated in was a place called "The Pond" by some guy named Dave. Interested to know if any of you have heard of it or ever been a member? It's gone now, but some of the members of the time were making bank.

I know some of you, but you don't know me :wink: I realize that is probably both flattering and creepy. Big fan of CCarter and the no bullshit, get that shit done attitude. Also that guy Tavin is a huge inspiration. His successes (and other people's success) have been marinating in my mind, slowly convincing me I should stop toying around in this game as a hobby and get serious.

Anyway, so this year I have decided to get more involved with other builders and marketers - form some relationships and interact with people that will actually support rather than discourage. Everyone I know in the offline world doesn't really mess around with internet marketing and actively discourage me from pursuing this as a sole occupation - always telling me to keep going with a "real job" and "climb that ladder" to success.

The older I get the less appealing this is. Playing the "real job" game is depressing, at least for me. Especially when I am aware of the opportunities out there that I'm just squandering by continuing on the "keep it safe" lane.

I've had some small successes, building websites that have generated as high as 500+ a month and I've sold three websites on flippa - one for a little over a grand, another for a little over 3,000 and one for around 500 (I know, small potatoes compared to some of you). Looking back I regret selling and wish I pushed it to the limit and sold it for big boy cash on Empire flippers or FEInternational. That shit haunts me. Though at the time I needed some quick cash... cause my "real job" wasn't cutting it.

So here I am, at the point in my life I have to go all in.

I can't grow into an old guy, look back and wonder if I treated this game more like a business rather than a hobby what sort of successes I could have had. Screw family and friends who don't get it. You and I know the potential. Hell, some of you are living it right now.

I've enviously watched others from the shadows make unbelievable amounts. And there is no way I can sit in a cubicle all day with this knowledge and not act on it. It will drive me insane. I see myself becoming that guy in the movie Office Space frantically attacking a copy machine with a bat. I ain't going out like that.

So now this is my only option. It has gone from a fun, money generating hobby to an obsession. I won't stop till this game brings me a million. And when that happens, I'm going to push it further. (I've also witnessed some successful people lose drive, get lazy and then subsequently lose it all.)

I have a few sites I'm building up, and a couple are already bringing in some doh'. I'm at the point I could sell for a couple grand but that is a peasant mindset. I'm going to grow my babies to unbelievable heights, and sell a website for no less than 5 figures. And I'm not going to spend that money popping bottles like past me. It is going to be reinvested.

I'm here to join your awesome club and grow with you guys. :wink: I hope my unknown self becomes known, and is accepted by the community. (Being a newb here kind of feels like I'm Caine from Kung fu, waiting outside for the Masters to accept me with three likes)

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Welcome to BuSo!
The fact that you already have made some sites that make money and sold them is a great starting point. My recommendation would be to try to not do the same as before, as that only allowed you 500 a month. Instead try to follow the BuSo crash course, while keeping your skills from before.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I can't grow into an old guy, look back and wonder if I treated this game more like a business rather than a hobby what sort of successes I could have had.
This is the main thing that turned me into a stubborn "idiot" that persisted through all the failures. I remember having family and friends buying my meals because they thought I was (and I was but not that bad) a broke chump. But frankly, having people less intelligent and skilled than me treating me that way sucked, but it didn't suck as bad as the fear that I'd be on my death bed and regret not having given it my all.

There's no way I want to be the guy that has that kind of regret, that I didn't pursue my main goal in life. That push away from that deep regret is more powerful to me than the pull towards the money, success, and everything wealth brings. Financial security is a huge pull for me, but not as huge as fear of regret in the end. Thankfully I'm not that broke guy any more but I'm nowhere near where I intend to be.

Degree
Welcome to BuSo!
The fact that you already have made some sites that make money and sold them is a great starting point. My recommendation would be to try to not do the same as before, as that only allowed you 500 a month. Instead try to follow the BuSo crash course, while keeping your skills from before.
Yes, definitely uping my game from how I went about things before. The ol' simple & lazy sites with fake reviews and "best/top" lists. Still money there but I don't see this strategy lasting in the long term. My aim is to build true authority sites. Sites that are loved and shared. Not to just pump out content, praying to the Google god to give me some rank, only to eventually have it overtaken by competition or vulnerable to an algorithm update.

This is the main thing that turned me into a stubborn "idiot" that persisted through all the failures. I remember having family and friends buying my meals because they thought I was (and I was but not that bad) a broke chump. But frankly, having people less intelligent and skilled than me treating me that way sucked, but it didn't suck as bad as the fear that I'd be on my death bed and regret not having given it my all.

There's no way I want to be the guy that has that kind of regret, that I didn't pursue my main goal in life. That push away from that deep regret is more powerful to me than the pull towards the money, success, and everything wealth brings. Financial security is a huge pull for me, but not as huge as fear of regret in the end. Thankfully I'm not that broke guy any more but I'm nowhere near where I intend to be.
We're probably lucky to see that possible regret coming so early on, instead of it hitting us when its too late!

By the way, I've read a lot of your posts and love em' - keep that stuff coming.

Degree
My aim is to build true authority sites. Sites that are loved and shared. Not to just pump out content, praying to the Google god to give me some rank, only to eventually have it overtaken by competition or vulnerable to an algorithm update.
@BOBskot This could not ring more true for myself as well. Building an authority site has become my mission because I think it is more valuable to grow a community with high and consistent engagement . They will provide consistent returns now and in the future because you are the most reliable source of information and actually care, rather than the make money just for the short term mentality.

-P