Ranking parasites for more traffic

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
My question is, if you start ranking parasite pages with spam to try and dominate the first/second page of a keyword, will the spam used to rank these pages effect the main site?

Yes, but not in a negative way. The high authority of the parasite page launders the spam.

I'd say to make sure you control those parasites, meaning that if things turn sour you can delete your link from them. Google's not going to ignore tiered link building forever, especially when it's coming from obvious sources like parasites, open-register platforms, and web 2.0's.

Minus the "be careful" talk, at this point as long as that's not all your own site is ranking off of and you have plenty of other real links, then the parasites will probably just be deindexed and devalued eventually, leaving your own site intact and fine. If you don't go too hard, they could last forever, but not likely always rank. There's typically windows of time between updates where you can sneak up in the SERPs before a re-calculation occurs.

I'd say to make sure you control those parasites, meaning that if things turn sour you can delete your link from them. Google's not going to ignore tiered link building forever, especially when it's coming from obvious sources like parasites, open-register platforms, and web 2.0's.

Minus the "be careful" talk, at this point as long as that's not all your own site is ranking off of and you have plenty of other real links, then the parasites will probably just be deindexed and devalued eventually, leaving your own site intact and fine. If you don't go too hard, they could last forever, but not likely always rank. There's typically windows of time between updates where you can sneak up in the SERPs before a re-calculation occurs.

Here's a question for you. I was doing some research in Semrush looking for web 2.0s that still have good search traffic, most of them have obviously taken a hit and be devalued, but does that mean if you use a "devalued" web 2.0 as a 'buffer/pumper' it wont be as effective as a web 2.0 has better search rankings? Do they still pass equal amounts of link juice regardless of their rankings?

Here's a question for you. I was doing some research in Semrush looking for web 2.0s that still have good search traffic, most of them have obviously taken a hit and be devalued, but does that mean if you use a "devalued" web 2.0 as a 'buffer/pumper' it wont be as effective as a web 2.0 has better search rankings? Do they still pass equal amounts of link juice regardless of their rankings?

I suggest testing. Take 10 different parasites, chose a no competition keyword (20 seaches or something), take 1 article and spin it 10 times, so each parasite has equal word count, post article, build same amount of links to all parasites and see which one performs the best.

Basically doing everything same and that way seeing which platform works best. But there are more things to take into consideration such as that some parasites perform good in some niches etc.

It depends on why it's not ranking. It could be that it had poor on-page SEO. It could be that it was targeted by the algorithm to be de-weighted and all of the links on that subdomain reduced in power. In the 2nd case it won't be as effective.

If you're using Web 2.0's as a ranking strategy, I'd take it either way. Who cares. Unless you're building them out with care as a longer lasting PBN of sorts. Then I'd be concerned with quality over quantity.

Honestly, you'd do far better to find a ton of old Web 2.0's that aren't being updated and attempt to buy the log-in details from the owner. Make sure they weren't using their own domain to collect all the juice though. You'd want it direct to the web 2.0, not to a buffer domain pointed at the web 2.0 like wordpress.com offers, etc.

Aged Tumblrs with DA/PA still work, just my two cents. Build them out 5-10 separate pages and interlinking the pages like this has worked well for me. One link per page, to the next page. Last link goes back to the first page.

Keyword A ---> Keyword B --- Keyword C ---> ETC ---> Keyword A

Can take down low comp keywords pretty easy, also hitting them with GSA, SB usually works. Just use a large keyword list.

Back