Rainmaker Platform?

Degree
I found this on copyblogger.com (http://newrainmaker.com/platform/) while looking for marketing and business blogs to follow.

I don't really understand what it does... can someone explain it to me? What does a "stack" mean? If someone could take a quick look at it and put it into newbie-friendly terms that would be awesome :tongue:

I've never seen it before but on first glance it looks like a new wysiwyg website builder that claims to have a lot of bells and whistels that you might not find on other ones. The stack just referes to the fact that you site will be hosted on their servers. As to how good it is, god knows, sign up for the free trial and let us know :smile:

@SheIsaBlogger It looks like it's an 'all-in-one' solution for marketing websites. So you would use their platform instead of setting up Wordpress and plugins on your own site... but I think you're past that point already, and probably paying a fraction of the cost, so if you look at it and think "what's this even for?" I don't think you need to worry about it...

I would not recommend getting caught up in that, simply because you can get the same value for much less. What I would do, is look at reviews for it and notice all of the affiliate links. Copyblogger has had spectacular success with it's affiliate program with both Rainmaker and it's WordPress theme, Genesis.

Their service is not bad, just overpriced and limiting. It is basically Wordpress hosting, except you are limited to customizing their themes (You can use custom CSS or other genesis child themes). It does have built in Landing pages, A/B testing, some SEO tools, and a pretty Google Analytics Dashboard.It is designed for people without any technical knowledge. They package everything in a nice pretty package, but they don't have much you could get elsewhere for less.

To replicate it, I'd prefer
  1. Buy a theme from Themeforest or build my own from _s or schema by mythemeshop.
  2. Find a simple, fast host for Wordpress
  3. Install Yoast SEO (I don't use Google Analytics, but he has a decent GA plugin)
For reference, Copyblogger also provides a less all inclusive solution called Websynthesis, that I understand to be pretty good.

This looks like "let's remake wordpress and then put the most popular plugins into it built in and see if that gives us enough of an edge to overtake them in the market!"

That's not to say it doesn't look good or doesn't work. I just don't see any innovation going on.

Back