Quitting Cigarettes Thread

I quit too because it was costing me about $14-23 a day because I and my partner smoked through packs.

One night, I drunkenly bought that allen car book, and it came. Next day I decided I wasn't going to smoke anymore and was going to commit to healthy lifestyle habits. Haven't touched a cigarette since. It's been two months and I still get cravings but it's been an interesting experience.

Went to an outdoor shooting range tonight.

Everyone from the front desk guy to the range officer to patrons were smoking cigarettes.

Guy shooting next to me had his pack out and light up a few in front of me. I noticed them, but I wasn't tempted at all. I didn't ask to bum one. I wasn't jealous. I did what Allen Car said to do, look at smokers with pity because they are honestly, miserable.

I had a really great time and I had it without cigarettes!

Its bizarre how those moment sort of throw me back into contemplation stage. Like I even need to consider a life of smoking again, wtf. :wonder: Yet, somehow that temptation to just say screw it is still slightly there. Just gotta keep pushing past it.

Went to an outdoor shooting range tonight.

Everyone from the front desk guy to the range officer to patrons were smoking cigarettes.

Guy shooting next to me had his pack out and light up a few in front of me. I noticed them, but I wasn't tempted at all. I didn't ask to bum one. I wasn't jealous. I did what Allen Car said to do, look at smokers with pity because they are honestly, miserable.

I had a really great time and I had it without cigarettes!

Its bizarre how those moment sort of throw me back into contemplation stage. Like I even need to consider a life of smoking again, wtf. :wonder: Yet, somehow that temptation to just say screw it is still slightly there. Just gotta keep pushing past it.

Great work! That's a scenario where most people would have caved.

9 months no smokes. :D

3 months left (90 days) then I get to move half way across the country and will also be 1 year smoke free!

Will be nice to leave old memories behind.

It's crazy that I don't even think about cigarettes these days. Weeks can go by and they don't even cross my mind. It's as if they never entered into my life at times.

It's tempting at times to take a puff from an eCig or even a cigar just to "feel it" again, but I know even just one puff and I'll be right back to a pack a day. I won't even take a puff of 0mg nicotine from my eCig; just the idea of doing it seems like a bad idea.

I also quit cigs since my last post. Quit after a nasty case of flu. I was down to a few a day only before that after smoking for 20 years. Will never smoke again for sure. Only get the slightest craving when drinking, otherwise not at all. Looking back, it was addiction talking, telling me how much I'd miss it. Not so! Health was the factor for me, need to be properly motivated.

Back