Quickest path to $500/mo in 2015?

Degree
Asking for a friend (srs) who wants to get away from his dead end job. He said the bare min. he needs to survive is $500/mo and once he hits that he plans to leave his job and focus on "internet stuff" full time. I guess he has some savings and wants to make sure this is "real" first. I think he's bought some WSO type guides in the past and gotten nowhere so he's very green still.

I don't think he wants to wait months and months for a new site to rank so I suggested that he could try finding a skill he has and turning it into a service. Figured I would ask here cos I'm such a good friend - shot in the dark but if one of your friends wanted to get started where would you guide them?

I thought about hiring him to work on a new site with me but I don't want to be responsible for him quitting his job if it doesnt work out and I try to avoid going into business with friends and family unless it's very compelling.

I'm loling at "internet stuff"

I need to find a better way to describe what I do when my friends ask.

"I do internet stuff" smh

I'd say that CPA + second tier PPC traffic (7search, PoF...) is the way to go.
It's rather simple and with a combo of small $ + decent time investment he should do just fine.

He can start with simple mobile email submit offers and scale up within couple of months. He's gonna need to learn some basic CRO techniques tho.

There's always the ever-coveted content writing gigs.

Does he have any skills in the arena yet? Does he have any that help him stand out as unique or that could be considered a strength?

There's always the ever-coveted content writing gigs.

Does he have any skills in the arena yet? Does he have any that help him stand out as unique or that could be considered a strength?

Seriously man I think the content thing isn't a bad idea if you're brand new to the marketing world... Everything starts and ends with content and your ability to produce the right content.

I was checking out one of the user generated content sites the other day, can't remember which, but they pay $0.5 for 1000 views which seems like you'd have your work cut out to make $. There's still huge benefits to doing this though.

@Romac in your friends case I would definitely get him on oDesk, Elance bidding for content jobs...

Everyone wants content and it's where I made my first $500.00 online personally.

He will learn how to A.) Sell himself/a service. B.) Get some insight into what people are doing and how they use content. C.) He will learn to be a better writer.

If he's good he will make $500.00/mo easy and do it on his own time from home.

I'd then personally go to the user generated content sites and consistently learn to write click-bait type content. That's a massive skill and while he's not doing his contracted work he's still honing his expertise and it'll set him up really well for the future.

The beauty of even the ones where they pay you $0.5 for 1k views is that you can just teach your friend to scrape / analyze bigger sites like BuzzFeed for popular posts. He can learn from those, replicate them and eventually imbibe the methods with understanding.

Pump out 2 of those kind of posts a day and there's every chance they'll get enough views to make money. If he has a particular skill or passion in the real world he could even specialize his writing to that topic, build up some social platforms where the demographic are, and use those to drive traffic and views to his posts as well.

This isn't particularly long-term or what most people would want to do for very long... Nonetheless he could easily make $500.00/mo while learning a hella lot. Research other marketing topics in his down time.

I always ask myself now - what's the rush?

Seriously everyone's rushing ahead when they should be slowing down and focusing on 1 or 2 things at a time.

Hope he has the right mindset and isn't just wasting your time... Happens a lot.

Ummm... $500 / 30 days in a month is less than $17 per day. At $8/hr that's 2 hours of work per day. Math is fun...

Plenty of things I would pay anyone with an IQ over 60 $8/hr to help with...

Just sayin

Ummm... $500 / 30 days in a month is less than $17 per day. At $8/hr that's 2 hours of work per day. Math is fun...

Plenty of things I would pay anyone with an IQ over 60 $8/hr to help with...

Just sayin

This. Between fiverr + odesk, your buddy shouldn't have any trouble making $500 a month providing services. Content writing, photo editing, internet research, link building, and data entry jobs are plenty. He's just gotta get to work.

Back