Quick tip for cheap [real] facebook likes

Degree
New to this forum and just wanted to share a quick tactic.

If you want to get real facebook likes to a page on your site for social proof, create an audience in Ad Manager that targets the niche interests, but limit the Geos to Asia, Africa, and South America.

Be sure to set the campaign goal to engagement, then watch the likes fly in!

I've been getting likes for less than 1 penny - way cheaper than what I was doing before.

Hope this helps!

I like that you bolded social proof, because that's definitely all that I would use this for... as Carter has said before, buying fake likes dilutes your fanbase and kills that % of audience engagement which will tank your reach. Buying real likes from countries that aren't within your target market (and will be asleep while you're posting or uninterested in services for your country) could easily do the same thing to an extent. Definitely a good method for quickly building some visual social proof... and probably for parasite pages..

When you do this, are you still updating the pages regularly/semi-reg? If so, what types of future engagements have you seen?

But wouldn't the future engagement be from those people be abysmal? Unless you don't plan on selling anything directly to them - or making money off of them.

Welcome & Thank you.

I just tested this 20 seconds ago, and instantly got likes wtf lol

Edit: I will get a few cheeky likes then stop it

Edit 2: What do you mean these are fake likes? @Nat

Nat- Yea I bolded social proof on purpose because that's all it's good for. Also I'm talking about post likes not fan page likes.

I'm going to explore how the positive engagement signals on a post using this method affects when I boost it to my actual target market to see if the engagement is cheaper than it otherwise would be

But wouldn't the future engagement be from those people be abysmal? Unless you don't plan on selling anything directly to them - or making money off of them.

No because they're liking posts not my page.

Edit 2: What do you mean these are fake likes? @Nat
I didn't mean that the paid likes from other countries would be fake, but that buying garbage likes from another country is akin to buying fake likes - the engagement will probably be trash and actually hurt your page. I was also thinking that Marcus was talking about page likes, not individual post likes.
Nat- Yea I bolded social proof on purpose because that's all it's good for. Also I'm talking about post likes not fan page likes.

I'm going to explore how the positive engagement signals on a post using this method affects when I boost it to my actual target market to see if the engagement is cheaper than it otherwise would be

No because they're liking posts not my page.

Ahh, gotcha. Big difference :smile: .... shit... this might be useful after all.... @marcus118 are you doing this as "stagnate" social proofing and just leaving it in case website visitors click through to your FB page, or do you "socially proof" a post before sharing it & sending hq traffic to it? I'm curious if likes from weird country on an individual FB post will mess with its reach or who sees it..

@Nat right now my only use for it is to show the social proof on my site on commercial pages like amz product reviews. Whenever I write a review, I use FB to create an engagement campaign for $1 lifetime. Quick and easy 100-200 likes on the post.

This also works well on content assets you're actively doing outreach for links. While I've never run a true a/b test, I've found that my conversion rate for link outreach is much higher when I'm showing solid social proof on the content asset.

What I want to test in the future is if the positive signals from the fb post has any affect on the organic reach I get when I post to my fb page organically, which is the target audience.

Tried this out on a small page and likes started flooding in but, I stopped it almost immediately because the users who liked the post started liking the page as well. I've still been brainstorming ways to use this to my advantage and have a few good ideas. This thread was a good reminder about social proofing manipulation, thanks @marcus118

Ahh, gotcha. Big difference :smile: .... shit... this might be useful after all.... @marcus118 are you doing this as "stagnate" social proofing and just leaving it in case website visitors click through to your FB page, or do you "socially proof" a post before sharing it & sending hq traffic to it? I'm curious if likes from weird country on an individual FB post will mess with its reach or who sees it..

I was wondering the same thing about getting likes for a post from people with a slew of names that makes it look like a different country.

I primarily sell to US but that's not to say we're not. "worldwide".

I just started a campaign to a post with this to gain some social proof then will stop that and then hit my target audience and see how it goes. I did put English as the language and that obviously brought my audience down a lot but hopefully that will leave people that can speak English to leave a commment. So far, I've gotten likes but no comments or shares.

I might as well ask since this seems to be the place for it:

A competitor and I are pretty neck and neck in the SERPs for some competitive keywords, we keep switching spots. One thing I've noticed is that I have higher Trust/Citation flow these competitive pages, but they definitely have more "likes" and "shares" from their pages.

Would something like this for one of my pages help at all? I'm looking into buying some social signals in which people would go to my page and then proceed to share it via the social buttons I already have on my pages.

This would be slightly different from getting likes on my actual page, it'd be more about "sharing" my pages on social media.

Would love to get some more insight here if possible!

Tiberian, I'd spend that money on promoting the post to real users on that social media channel. If it's good you'll stand a chance of making money, having them spread the link to forums, and especially them sharing, liking, and commenting on it. This way you know the signals are real too. I doubt in all cases, but lazy botted accounts I'm pretty sure are ignored by Google.

Back