Questions about knownhost

learningcurve

Speak of the Devil... It's the Devil!
BuSo Pro
Degree
Just looking for some feedback from those of you that use their services. Are they as good as they sound? Maybe looking at changing hosting companies so any feedback about service, support and actual server speed would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it. :D

@learningcurve Ya they're good, solid support, usually respond within a couple mins of support tickets.

- Speed wise : if you optimize your site well enough, you should be fine. If its image heavy, give MAXCDN a go too .

- Service - they are really good at detecting malware, mailers, trojans, etc and will even pinpoint them for you and send u an email if they see anything suspicious.

Compared to other VPS providers that i've dealt with, these guys are hands down one of the best, if not the best.

@emp? what interface? They use cPanel... unless you didn't pay the $5 or whatever/year.

I've had knownhost thrice and switched to other providers twice. Most of the time it was me thinking "OH hey I'll save $X/year"... and, within a few months, I quickly switched back.

Just can't beat that 5 minute support response time.

5 bucks a month for the cPanel license with Knownhost. Some hosts throw it in for free (I know ASO throws in free cPanel on anything above their lowest tier of VPS), although I imagine the ones that throw it in for free have probably just built it into their price anyways so same difference.

IMO the most important trait for a good host is good support. Most people who've been at this for a while have at least a few horror stories. Awful things can still happen with great hosting companies, but it's the support that'll stop it at awful before it gets to devastating.

IMO the most important trait for a good host is good support.

I couldn't agree more. That's one of the reasons I'm only considering it at the moment. My current hosting service (webair) has someone on support chat 24/7. I have never had to wait at all... ever! The reason I'm looking is way better specs for the same price, not other reason. For me, waiting for five minutes isn't actually all that appealing.

@MetaData , @Philip J. Fry

I have cpanel with them.

For some reason, no other host ever used it before and I was SERIOUSLY lost .. I mean... I set up domains/subdomains via linux command line at work, configuring apache and whatnot ... I was still... I just could not wrap my head around the interface or how it does some things.

NOW it is all clear, but for the first few hours...yeah, I don't know either...

::emp::

Back