Questions About Hosting Multiple Sites on a VPS

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
Having a VPS and needing to pop up a new site here and there, I am wondering what implications there are outside of performance to hosting two or more sites on a single VPS.

Are there SEO factors to watch out for?
Does one site have any effect on the other? IE 'guilty by association?'

SEO problems should only arise if you're linking between the sites, or if you're such a prolific problem-causer that Google decides to go overboard on you with a fine tooth comb and smack everything you own.

I've had extremely white hat sites and extremely black hat sites on the same server, each with their own analytics and webmaster tools accounts on the same IP, and I even set up "Add an Account" so I could switch on the fly within those dashboards. When the black sites got hit, nothing else happened.

But I also had a giant PBN once and when they caught it and deindexed about 200 properties, they were kind enough to penalize my three money earners too. They couldn't outright deindex them because they were quality sites, so they just wasted my time for about a month. They'll definitely go above and beyond to hurt you to some degree if you're messing around on a scale that's large enough to warrant manual attention.
726 x 316

Back