Question: YouTube re-posting from community members?

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
This question pertains to a site I am personally involved with so I can't be doing any shady shit. My reputation matters here, gotta keep it clean.

Within the niche that I am focusing on there is a ton of great video content out there. My site has a youtube channel, but no content to speak of. My question is, is it possible, and if so what is the best proceedure to re-upload community member's videos to my channel.

One idea I had - I only host videos on my site that are from YouTube/Vimeo. For people who upload their videos to facebook only, I can contact and ask them if I can re-upload their video to my channel to post it on my site.

IDK man I feel like you kinda answered your own question if you say you wanna keep it clean and have a reputation to uphold. I would just create your own videos if possible. There are a lot of services and resources for all kinds of different videos out there.

Embed that great video content into your site...
Use it to attract visitors to your site...
???
PROFIT!

Already done meta. thanks for the responses. I'm just going to work with video creators to get their stuff on the site and see if that prompts them to share it within their own circles

I wouldn't re-host for two reasons:

They could even say it's okay, change their mind, and flag your videos. Other people might, being unaware that you obtained permission. Youtube's not going to stop and ask you either.

If you try to monetize someone else's video, the algorithm can notice this and give your earnings to the original uploader. I've not personally seen this in action but have read about it in the dashboard. It's like a ninja way of dealing with the problem without dealing with it. Just give the earnings to the right person and let people continue to spread the video around.

Thanks for the response. Exactly the info I needed.

Back