Question about redirect after removing pagination

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
I had an old post that was paginated to 10 pages. I just removed the pagination and redirected pages 2 - 10 to the root page. So...

domain.com/2/
domain.com/3/
domain.com/4/
etc

were all 301'd to domain.com/

But then I noticed that sometimes the page would should domain.com/1/ and it was the same exact page as just domain.com/. Based on the URL that seemed like two different pages technically, so I 301'd the domain.com/1/ to just domain.com/. Everything seems fine but just want to make sure what I did was correct.

Wouldest thou enlighten my thyest self?

But then I noticed that sometimes the page would should domain.com/1/ and it was the same exact page as just domain.com/.

Can you explain what you mean here? Are you saying that both com/ and com/1/ loaded independently and show the same content?

If so, yeah what you did seems appropriate and should work perfectly.

My guess, if this is Wordpress, is that com/1/ probably had a canonical in place pointing back to the main URL but I still would have done as you did.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Had two pages load independently (com/ and com/1/) displaying the same exact content. And yeah, is Wordpress. Sounds like what I did was correct then. Gracias.

Back