Question About Internal & External Link Juice Flow

Degree
Hello and Booyakasha all,

I have a question about link juice flow for an ecommerce site. A little background:

The site is ranking in the to top 10 of Google for a lot of our target keywords, most of them pretty steady at 5 to 10. Currently, I have a team who helps me do outreach and we have expert writers who contribute to the news section of the site.

We have a network of sites we contribute to, most of them pretty powerful. What I do is create individual variations of a piece of content, with links to different pages with different anchor text in each one to keep our anchor text ratio safe.

So, now we're at a point of trying to move our keywords up from between 5 and 10 up to, hopefully 1 and 2, but more realistically, 3 and 4 (the sites in those positions aren't nearly as strong as 1 and 2).

I have a pretty good interlinking plan, but is there any way to push the link juice to our target pages in a more efficient manner. We're constantly doing outreach for new, high authority links, looking at the sites at number 3 and 4, our link profile seems much better.

Treat it like a funnel. Everything that comes in has to go somewhere, encourage the search engines crawlers to go to your the page you want them to. I would link to the page you want to rank from somewhere at the start of the content and then again later in the content. In my experience you can get away with a lot more exact anchor text on interlinking, so just use exact keywords for interlinking and then go much more diverse on external. Write more content that links back to the pages you want to rank, there's always going to be more topics "how to do xyz" that you haven't covered yet

Pushing juice through interlinking is effective. Definitely do it with all of the exact anchors you want to rank for, internally that is. You can get away with that there.

Externally use generics, URLs, and long randomized but related anchors. Off-page make sure that the content is HYPER-relevant to the terms you want the main page to rank for. The keywords should be in titles and headers on those pages.

You'll then have internal link funnels and external relevancy nets.

Back