Quality CPM Networks

Degree
For those who have been around the block, can you recommend some good CPM networks to join?

My current site is new and I know that a lot of these want sites with large amounts of consistent traffic. So what are some quality networks that are best for new blogs/sites for smaller amounts of traffic?

Adsense and Media.net if you are a low traffic site. You won't make anything using CPM with low traffic. CPC is better for you.

I started running Amazon CPM ads on a couple of tech blogs in 2016. Much better earnings than Adsense.

Tried on a few other niches without much success thou.

Amazon CPM if you're invited. Sovrn is easy to get into but dammit they're ads have so many HTTP requests and some block rendering too.

I agree. CPC is what you need at low traffic, but again as @nigeb is saying, it depends on the niche and the CPC the advertisers are bidding.

In one of his emails several weeks back, Jon Dykstra mentioned some absurd numbers with Ezoic. It was something like $46 CPM desktop. Let me see if I can find it . .

Edit: Here it is.

I'll skip to the chase and give you a heads up that the Ezoic ad platform is absolutely killing it for me right now. So much so that I'm now running Ezoic 100% on all niche sites (including Fat Stacks... that's how lucrative it is).

Heck, if it wasn't a conflict of interest, I'd put these ads on my local lead gen sites too.

I've hit some high RPMs in my day, but it's nuts right now.

First half of January was slow, but it's been climbing like crazy for the past 2 weeks.

For the past week or so, on mobile I'm getting $8 to $12 earnings per 1,000 visitors (EPMV) and an insane $35 to $55 EPMV on desktop.

I added an EPMV screenshot to the top of my Ezoic Review.

For a while I tested Ezoic's ads against my own AdSense and Media.net combo. Ezoic is the winner and so I'm running them 100%.

Last edited:
Forget what Jon Dykstra is saying for now.

In order to get high numbers like that you must have a lot of traffic so that Ezoic can test and optimize.

Sidenote #1, he's talking about EPMV which is not the same as CPM.

Sidenote #2, in my experience, his affiliate recommendations should be taken with a big grain of salt. Test for yourself, but don't take what he says as gospel.

Both Adsense and Media.net turned me down. Any other suggestions for ways to monetize a new blog?

Both Adsense and Media.net turned me down. Any other suggestions for ways to monetize a new blog?

If you couldn't get accepted by them, you might as well hang up your hat. Nobody else is going to accept you either.

You need to build your site out. Get a good amount of content on there. 30-50 posts sounds good. All you have to do is get accepted once on one site and you're in.

Both Adsense and Media.net turned me down.
Something major is wrong with your website if both networks turned you down. You need to get an outside perspective.

Back