Quality Content at a Budget [Method]

MBS

Degree
Quality content can be expensive but there is very little reason to produce anything but quality content.

The main problem with outsourcing writing esp. at the 1-3 cents per word rate is that writers don't put time in any research and I would not blame them.

For native English speaking writers in developed world, working at those rate leaves no time for any meaningful research.

I have had good success using this process. This is a home brewed process there is scope for improvement. If you are

You can either do this yourself or outsource it to someone (even from developing countries) to do these steps.

• Identify the main keyword you are targeting
  • Search with this keyword to find the top 10-15 articles that are well written
  • Compose the title for the article
  • Make an outline with sub headers wordcount estimates for each section
  • Curate information from the top articles under you sub headers
  • Use textbroker (4 star level) or Upwork or some other service to get your article written by native English writers.
You are essentially doing the research part and controlling the structure of the article. This ensure you will get an article that meets your expectations

Some additional tips

Stick with native writers

If you want to get a big article written say 5K words, break it up into smaller assignments and if you like the initial work, then assign the article to

If your content needs someone with domain expertise do not outsource to random writers.

Stick with writers you have trained. Will save you a lot of time and effort in the long run.

I reckon that you should be doing this regardless of who you outsource to. If you want the results to remotely meet your expectations then you need to provide some detailed guidance.

Otherwise, you can definitely find agencies that can pull this off for you by just sending them a set of keywords, but you'll pay far more than 3¢ per word too. It's worth it to not have to spend your time preparing all of the outlines, but it's costly too. Takes time to reach that level where you can justify it.

This is a great guide though for sure to help ensure the cheaper writers understand what it is you're looking for. It'll save time on the backend with editing and formatting too. Good share.

Stick with writers you have trained. Will save you a lot of time and effort in the long run.
This is what I've learned so far in my journey. Editorial and style guidelines should be set down in stone before hiring a writer.

It's happened all too often for me now. Hire a writer, first piece is pretty great, next piece not so great, third piece.. dog shit and so on.

My solution was to have a solid outline of my requirements, and not to get excited by only one article then to go and palm off 10 more to them. One article at a time, perfect that (two-way communication), then move to the next.

ps; I show my writer new features on my site, other sites in niche and get him excited about my brand, make him feel apart of the team. Hopefully that gives him that little bit of edge to keep pushing quality my way.

Reactions: MBS
Back