Product Reviews - Min Content Length

Degree
Hey Everyone

@Ryuzaki said in his choosing a niche and direction article -

"Create and populate my new business' website with 500 pieces of content that cover the entirety of the Green vertical. Make sure each mentions my unique "Wee" angle and links into the product review category. This product category will include a review for every relevant product plus secondary products I can find."

On the "every relevant product" - Is this still viable with Google?

My niche is pretty big but I don't want to review every item (which I will be buying as money allows) to give my own personal info, if this isn't viable now?

I am happy to write 1000+ word articles in the niche but reviewing each item, the content isn't going to be anymore than say 700 words per item.

I have checked competitors and their product pages are not that long either but.. am I wasting my time?

Each product is linked to a large keyword pages page so all linked for topical relevance.

At the end of the day, are you still producing review/product description pages of full blown 1000-2000+ articles

My impressions are growing so it's going in the write direct that's for sure but unsure if I am making the right post(s) decision

Thanks v much everyone

Sorry correction - At the end of the day, are you still producing review/product description pages or just blown 1000-2000+ articles

All of that was an example. Remember, the crash course is there to help you understand HOW to think about this, but not WHAT to think.

The ‘what’ to think and do can’t be done since every case is different and each business has its own demands and demographics. I certainly didn’t mean to write 2000 words on every possible brand of tin foil wrap, as an example. Go where the ROI is (both a return on money and time). Ultimately, if you want to completely dominate search you might produce a lot more content that earns its keep indirectly by supporting the important articles.

But long before you scorch the entire earth like that you need to be strategic and make deliberate choices.

Also, to answer your question, word count matters far less than dealing with the intent of the query completely without straying too broadly. If you can do that in 400 words, so be it.

You can reuse/rewrite a lot of content with product reviews, if you find it difficult to hit the length you want.

Thanks guys, to both of you.

What I am doing I am happy with but I thought I would check in and ask, to pick your brains as we say in the UK..

Much appreciate :smile:

Back