Placeholder content

Degree
Wondering what people think of this strategy, and if you'd try this as well.

Like a lot of us here, I have a content output bottleneck since I only have a limited number of good writers I outsource to.

So, one strategy I am thinking of is to publish short content myself on the various keywords I want to target - I can quickly wrap up a couple of 300 word articles answering the title question each day.

Let it age.

And when my writer is ready for the next article, they will update this content with the 1000-2000 word article they produce.

This way, the page gets crawled and starts to age much before I have the actual content ready.

Any holes you can poke in this strategy?

Any holes you can poke in this strategy?
Crashing your sitewide Panda quality score with no survivors.

The reason I say that is, if you intend to produce 1000 to 2000 words on the topic, 300 words is clearly not enough to fully serve the intent of the query, right? So you're publishing low quality content.

And because it's easier with little friction, what I foresee happening is that the back catalogue continues to grow much faster than the true "finished" catalogue of posts. So the quality score may not ever recover but may end up decreasing as the back catalogue grows.

On my sites, nothing gets published until it's 100% done and ready. Then I never touch it again.

I don't think it's the right thing to do. I think the real solution is to find more writers. We've had guys on here do this "pre-publishing" method and they ultimately stopped doing it and moving on to greener pastures, which was basically just finishing the article like normal and then publishing it.

Back