Pictures for Instagram accounts

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
Most of the Instagram accounts, specially the ones that focus on fashion, lifestyle and sports share a lot of common pictures.

I've never understood the copyright for them, because most of the accounts don't show any links to the source.

Where do they get those pictures? Do they just "Borrow" from each other or is there a source for them? Or do they just straight forward steal the pictures from someone and hope that noone finds them.

I'm sure you've got people using someone else's photos and hoping not to get caught but I'd wager that most of it is public domain or stock photography. Stock photos are where photographers can take pictures and sell "leases" to use them, and internet people pay per use or pay a monthly subscription to use as many as they'd like, etc.

Most of the Instagram accounts, specially the ones that focus on fashion, lifestyle and sports share a lot of common pictures.

I've never understood the copyright for them, because most of the accounts don't show any links to the source.

Where do they get those pictures? Do they just "Borrow" from each other or is there a source for them? Or do they just straight forward steal the pictures from someone and hope that noone finds them.

They do all of what you mentioned lol

Grabbing images for IG accounts is pretty easy.

A great place to start is just IG itself. A little digging and you will find the accounts where images without the captions are being pulled from (there's tons - you will begin to notice the ones run by the same person/people). Just use a repost app and you can start building your account right away.

You can also pull images from pretty much anywhere (Google/Bing/Yahoo images, Tumblr, FB, etc) really. IG is pretty open as far as that goes, so best to start building those accounts before they decide to clamp down (if ever ahahaha)

Best way is to get people to want you to share their content. I did it by creating a hashtag, building the account to 10k+ followers, and making it known that I regram the best stuff I see under that hashtag.

Back