PBN on Free Hosts?

Kernel Konductor

Hypnotist
Degree
I've noticed there are quite a few free cPanel hosts available. Free hosts can be unreliable, sure, but they are free. Do you think it would be feasible to build a PBN on free hosts using subdomains from the hosting providers that would actually be effective? Or does Google generally consider these sites trash?

No, google does not respect free hosting providers so the link juice would be worthless. Remember they unranked all co.cc domains a couple of years ago. Google is aware of ways to start sites for free, and they devalue all those methods.

If you find a way to automate this and build a lot of these sites, you can use them as Tier 2. I'd not consider them as Tier 1, too low value and too risky.

Definitely skip free ones. They are basically worthless. It's a PITA, but scour web hosting forums and cherry pick them. You can scale it with a virtual assistant. Just be sure to write detailed instructions.

Thanks for all the input. Any thoughts on using different platforms across a PBN? Is it true that Google can detect if you're running 100% Wordpress and will deindex your site if you have a lot of links from the same platform?

Thanks for all the input. Any thoughts on using different platforms across a PBN? Is it true that Google can detect if you're running 100% Wordpress and will deindex your site if you have a lot of links from the same platform?

I think it's a little far to say Google will deindex you if you have lots of links from the same platform, but at the same time the more diversity the better. Google can work out the platform your site is using for sure, it's not a difficult task.

You can use free host to build your PBN on, since you get a new addon/subdomain, however if possible do avoid it becouse it as mentioned earlier has been heavely abussed, google will still index the subdomains with free hosts but google may frown uppon it and not give it much value, so if you are going down that route make sure to only publish high quality content, and try to make it look like a legit site not just one that is there to feed links.

the thing about co.cc beeing deindexed was becouse it was using subleveldomains or basicly if you had mysite.co.cc "mysite" would be a subdomain on a subdomain.

you can use wordpress.com for one part of your pbn

another to remeber although it will leave a small footprint for google is sites.google.com

Biggest negative for using something like this, for me, is the fact that they're such a pain to keep monitored. Downtime, wipes, rollbacks.

The 'money' you'd save (little) is nowhere near worth the time lost (a lot) managing them.

Biggest negative for using something like this, for me, is the fact that they're such a pain to keep monitored. Downtime, wipes, rollbacks.

The 'money' you'd save (little) is nowhere near worth the time lost (a lot) managing them.

How much more reliable is a hosting provider that only charges $1 per month though? Is it better to rack up a bunch of different cheap hosts or find a single host with a lot of IPs? I would assume the latter, unless the IPs are blocked into similar networks.

How much more reliable is a hosting provider that only charges $1 per month though? Is it better to rack up a bunch of different cheap hosts or find a single host with a lot of IPs? I would assume the latter, unless the IPs are blocked into similar networks.

A fair point - $1 hosting companies can be equally as unreliable. They're likely to be less spammed, however.

You'll need to have a bit of a risk/reward ratio in your head when making those PBNs. If doing a churn n burn/short term strat, start them off on $1 hosting. For longer term projects, you can start the same way, but if you're putting more TLC and time into your PBN (so the sites become, in effect, real websites) you can go on to move it to a more reliable hosting in the future - and then reuse the old $1 hosting for a new project, if you see what I mean.

Basically, as your efforts increase, you can easily scale and move things up.

is this a serious question? I mean i know this is the newbie section but how cheap are you to not purchase your own hosting

is this a serious question? I mean i know this is the newbie section but how cheap are you to not purchase your own hosting

You haven't added anything productive to the conversation. You are dismissed.

You haven't added anything productive to the conversation. You are dismissed.

Whats productive to add to a dumb question. Why would I EVER want to put ANYTHING thats making me money in the hands of a FREE UNRELIABLE service that doesn't have the best interest in me.

You pay for hosting because internet properties are our business and you dont slouch on free shit because thats what the lazy do

i would rather use a free web 2.0 like wordpress.com or tumblr.com or blogspot that allows you to use your own custom domains and it's free!

Whats productive to add to a dumb question. Why would I EVER want to put ANYTHING thats making me money in the hands of a FREE UNRELIABLE service that doesn't have the best interest in me.

You pay for hosting because internet properties are our business and you dont slouch on free shit because thats what the lazy do

There's no reason to be disrespectful.

should just mention that besides free hosts often eing unreliable due to heavy DOS attacks it is important to maintain your account/update your blog network mannually every now and then otherwise they may cancel your account

Free or $1 or other cheap hosts, are more likely unreliable and most often very slow. And also for 100% your site will be in really bad neighborhood.

People may argue whether Google has lists of bad hosts and bans sites on them; I just have my statistic on this. With almost 30 PBN's built for clients during the last two years, I observe some things. For example, some clients like to use Skynet, despite my advices against. Not only they are shit with the shitties support; but, what concerns our topic, the share of sites on Skynet that won't get indexed or are getting deindexed with some next zoo, is much higher than for other sites. I mean, if a client tells me his site got deindexed, my first question - is it on Skynet? )))

It's a real statistic, seen on multiple client PBN's. Everyone makes his own conclusions.

Back