Pavlok

Degree
I've seen this around for a while, but not until the recent Shark Tank episode did I decide to look into it again. Many of the investors were calling it a scam, although they agreed Aversion Therapy worked. I find that ironic since this is basically Aversion Therapy, albeit in an overpriced product. I've also seen some people snatch it up recently, most likely due to that Shark Tank episode.

It is much easier to control your bad habits by pressing a button and conditioning yourself than it is to just hold back mentally, in my opinion. Have any of you given it a try? I think it's way overpriced, although very useful. Who wants to create a more affordable version? Let's do it!

For those that don't know what I'm talking about:

For changing habits, it's just another dumb gadget that won't do shit. People will throw that thing in a drawer within a week.

As far as making money off it, yeah, slick marketing and catering to people's desire for an easy solution will make money.

The last time I emailed the guy, he replied saying their iOS app was in beta. I think it was more than a year back. They have come a long way since then.

Personally, I think this is a good alternative: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000783OOO/ and I get 400 of them for $2.90. That, along with an alarm clock, is a good combination.

However, Pavlok has a lot of other benefits and you may find some of them compelling enough.

Yeah, people have been using hairbands and whatnot for this same thing for forever, but that doesn't mean they won't fork over some cash for a cooler solution. Money burns a hole in people's pockets. They're going to spend it on something. That's where the marketing comes in and this device is extremely marketable. It creates a problem and solves it all at the same time.

In terms of how it works, do you press some button on it and it shocks you or pokes you? Seems like the main benefit would be that it tracks that data and shows you graphs. People love data, and as we know, what you measure you can improve.

love the name of the product, it's based on old school behavioural science originally conducted by a scientist named Pavlov(name rings a bell anyone?).
However there is one major problem with the pavlock, which is that when I get annoied by getting choked I'll take the damn thing off and not use it.

In terms of how it works, do you press some button on it and it shocks you or pokes you?

Multiple options are available, one of which is a mild shock. There's a remote feature, so someone else can zap you as well.

Back