Paid FB Ads for Content Sites Relevant in 2021/2022?

Degree
Curious on if anyone has been running paid FB ads for any type of content site this year and 2022. Can it still work? When I tested it earlier this year ad pricing wouldn’t get there to make the ROI work but I’ve heard the recent negative press from FB and all the advertisers leaving that pricing has plummeted a bit.

As far as I understand, many moons ago the game was to run ads direct to your site. Then it became running ads for your page. But then Facebook cheated everyone that did that and reduced reach for your own followers only to charge you for "boosts". So then the game became buying pages from other people and running them separately or merging them into one (which is possible but requires some trickery).

They can suck my balls because their interest seems to be fleecing their advertisers, bait and switching, and pulling the rug out from under you after you invest in their platform. If I was selling a high priced product I'd be all over it though. For arbitrage-ish stuff I'd find cheaper, less popular platforms.

It’s harder to do profitably now days.

Facebook engages in wholesale insider favoritism in A clear and explicit violation of various antitrust laws that are currently on the books.

You can make it work for a while but then some dick head with a higher rebate and more bonus credits then you eventually comes along and has his account rep hand your relevant campaign information to them.

Better to invest time in literally anything else if you’re looking to compound or do anything other then a short term hustle.

I knew a few people that did this years ago, and the tactic/strategy was to target cheaper countries to build up the social proof in terms of Comments, Likes, Shares and run PPE or Traffic (LPV, Link Clicks) to English speaking countries ($0.01 to $0.05 per click). Some were focused on specific niches/verticals while one was focused on celebrity gossip (Think Clickbait Images, Headlines, etc).

It's funny because I recently watched Marcus speak to this on one of his YouTube video's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DnsaFmLiww which he says majority of these ads are on Facebook Marketplace which makes sense as it's a cheaper auction than the newsfeed.

Back