Pages Indexed but Links not Found

Degree
A couple of Guests Posts have been indexed by Google. These pages sends a do-follow link to my website, but if I search in "Links" in Google Search Console, I don't see the outbound link's URL.

Question: Is this indexed page still passing juice even if the URL doesn't show up?

It can take a while for links to show up in Search Console.

If you go to the guest post URL and type cache: before the URL, it will show you when Google last crawled it, which means it should be in the index.

To answer your question, yes, if the page is indexed but not showing in SC it will still pass juice.

Search Console does not contain a comprehensive list of your site's backlinks. Nobody is sure how they decide what to show there, but they're very open about the fact that it's not all of the links they know about.

Search Console does not contain a comprehensive list of your site's backlinks. Nobody is sure how they decide what to show there, but they're very open about the fact that it's not all of the links they know about.
Do you have a supporting document from Google regarding this? I've looked at this document but didn't find it.

@CashCowAdv, I'm also having trouble re-finding Google's statements on this topic. They're usually on Twitter, but here's one I found on Reddit:

om6Zsxp.png

To re-type it in case the image ever goes down, someone asks why some DA 90+ website's links to their site aren't showing in Search Console.

John Mueller says "Search Console shows a relevant sample of the known links, so they might be known to Google regardless."

The two takeaways are "sample" and "relevant."

Back