Outside of memes, funny and news content are there ANY social pages that are popular?

contract

We're all gunna mine it brah.
Degree
- Popular as in people are liking LINKS and not just images.
- Non beauty, meme, funny, nature, news, etc. but more serious content.

I haven't seen much, would look to know if these exist.

People don't really react like they used to.
There's content like that its just on platforms that cater to it. FB isnt one of those.
Informational content is also generally de-prioritized in feeds due all algorithms being "what gets moar clicks" + extra steps.
People browse in feeds now rather than from site to site.
So a minor impact such as being less engaging than entertainment content is you sink and get less exposure.

All that said, you can make a list of topics and websites and still post it to reddit with quite a bit of success if you can get past the mod cabals and actually have some sorta interesting stuff featured prominently.
I'd like to add that the traffic is good, it converts and sometimes even bookmarks and returns since every mention of reddit seems to bring on the shart squad.
People are there for discovery (also works on quora but not as well cuz they got less traffic) so website list posts and subs can get a lot of exposure.
Super popular posts end up ranking in google and or internal search or recommended pages sometimes sending traffic for years.
I got a few lists that still send me over 100 clicks a month years later.

I guess its not pure engagement, but what I'm saying is that's where the traffic that acts the way you're looking for went. You can also find a bit of that with paid yahoo/ aol / msn still with the occasional advertorial thrown in.

Last edited:
There's definitely tons of non meme stuff on youtube that does really really well. To the point that there's massive live stream scams driving traffic to links going on constantly etc (not saying one should do such a thing but real sites do great for their sponsors and their links too - it's why we start at youtube often when we get an influencer marketing order/campaign to work on for an agency) - see -

Back