Outreach vs Promotion; which type do you recommend I hire for?

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
My site is gaining traction daily but I want to push it even harder. I've been putting out one piece of content (sometimes two) each day. The majority of content is produced by writers but I still have to go back and add more stuff to it, which takes up most of my time.

I promote content via Facebook feeder page but rarely have the time to promote on other platforms, forums, etc. So I'd like to hire someone to do this for me (eventually I'll hire someone to do the content editing for me as well).

For those who have done this, do you recommend I hire one person for outreach to blogs in my niche and another one for promoting on forums, social platform etc, or should I hire just one person to do both?

Any tips on what I should look for in such a person(s)?

I've been using Upwork (also have Wordagents in the process of creating some content right now) for most stuff. Are there other avenue's you recommend?

Posted a job on Upwork to hire someone to post on Reddit and another niche relevant forum. It requires pretty specific rules so I'm gonna have to test these peeps hard. Invited a ton of applicants to it.

I expect it to be a while before I hire someone due to the long process. But once it's going, that will be fantastic. Have that shit on autopilot. Then hire another writer, then an outreach person, and on it goes.

I would hire multiple english speaking people from upwork and give them each the same small test task. The one that meets your needs (or at least shows the most promise) gets the real work after that.

I posted a second job this morning. This one for writing daily articles for my site. Got tons of applicants for both. Will go through the best suited ones tonight and test em.

It's strange being the person who hires rather than the person interviewing to get hired, hah.

for some platforms including facebook and at least some of the other social networks you can automate the publishing through IFTTT that ought to free up some of your time, don't think it can do forums though unfortunatley

Whew. Just sent out the tests to all the qualified applicants for both jobs. Will see how it goes.

Just finished the tests. I'm hiring two writers for daily articles. A third writer did good but not great on the test, however, she's exactly the type of person my site is aimed at. So I'm hiring her to make posts on related forums.

Still going through tests for Reddit posters. Will probably hire that person tonight.

So will have 4 people creating daily content.

Chuggin along. Choo choo.

Still going through tests for Reddit posters.

What's your plan for this? Are you willing to pay them to submit and post unrelated content so you abide within the 10:1 Reddiquette guidelines?

I'm trying to think up alternative methods to find trusted people with trusted accounts (versus something like Microworkers where each account would be full on spam) to spread your postings across tons of accounts. This might be a bad idea though.

Is this Reddit poster going to use your account, a new account, an established account? I find that as long as you follow the 10:1 and don't hammer any sub-reddit over and over, everything is fine. It probably also helps to get an account "trusted" in terms of other Redditors. Having submission and comment karma's in the 4 and 5 figure ranges probably help disarm people. That's where mine's sitting. Also, the best way to disarm them is to only submit quality content. Sub-par quality isn't going to have a good shot at getting you the results you want anyways, although I've seen some serious exceptions that I boil down to luck at the time.

What's your plan for this? Are you willing to pay them to submit and post unrelated content so you abide within the 10:1 Reddiquette guidelines?

I'm trying to think up alternative methods to find trusted people with trusted accounts (versus something like Microworkers where each account would be full on spam) to spread your postings across tons of accounts. This might be a bad idea though.

Is this Reddit poster going to use your account, a new account, an established account? I find that as long as you follow the 10:1 and don't hammer any sub-reddit over and over, everything is fine. It probably also helps to get an account "trusted" in terms of other Redditors. Having submission and comment karma's in the 4 and 5 figure ranges probably help disarm people. That's where mine's sitting. Also, the best way to disarm them is to only submit quality content. Sub-par quality isn't going to have a good shot at getting you the results you want anyways, although I've seen some serious exceptions that I boil down to luck at the time.

Indeedski. I have a list of 7 subreddits for them to post to. They will post related content to each subreddit at a 10 to 1 ratio. I have also given them instructions on headlines since Redditors hate hypey headlines (which is what my site often uses, hah). It will be spaced out so that my articles don't all get posted on the same day. That way it seems less spammy should someone check out the posts, plus will possibly smooth out the traffic flow.

They will post content from other sites as well as their own thoughts. Basically, become a regular contributor. I made it a requirement that they must be interested in the subject of my niche. That way they can actually post meaningful stuff.

Having an established, trusted, account, would be great. But I didn't find anyone like that. And I'm sure as hell not letting them use my own account, hah. But I don't see that being a problem at all since they'll be contributing real content and not spam.

In time I'd like to improve the quality though. If this writer girl who I'm hiring to post on forums does a good job, I may hire her to take over the Reddit stuff too.

I'd make it a point that you own the accounts and will keep them in the event that you replace that worker. That way they can snowball in strength over time.

Ah, that's a good point. Will do.

Back