Only small part of the total Facebook audience is reached with paid ads.

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm talking about specifically paid ads.

I will create a saved audience and let's say it has 100k users.

Then I will run an ad for that audience, (Bidding will be left to facebook) and optimize it for conversions.

Facebook will then show my ads to about 10 - 20k people and then the frequency will just ramp up. Leavig me to only one conclusion, I'm reaching only about 20 - 30% of the adience at best and I'm unable to reach the rest of the people.

What could be a possible solution or an issue?

The ad engagement is good, CTR in 4 - 5% range, I'm not really sure what can be done about this.

Does Facebook ads take into account if the users are active when they say 100k (versus 100k totaly but only 20k are active)? And if they do, then how recent does a user have to log in to be considered active? I'd think that's part of it. There's an audience of 100k but only 20k have been active since you're running your ads.

Does Facebook ads take into account if the users are active when they say 100k (versus 100k totaly but only 20k are active)? And if they do, then how recent does a user have to log in to be considered active? I'd think that's part of it. There's an audience of 100k but only 20k have been active since you're running your ads.

It's people that have been using Facebook in the past 30 days.

The thing is, the reached audience doesn't seem to be getting as time goes by. It just ramps up frequency. That is why I think that this isn't the case, but maybe, I don't htink that 80% of people log into facebook 1 - 2 per month and I just don't reach them.

Objectives have a huge effect on reach. If your objective is conversions, then your ad won't be served to people who have a history of not converting.
If you think the FB algorithm is wrong in this instance, you can try a campaign with a different objective (reach) and see how it goes. This worked in the past, but IMHO the algorithm has WAY more data points than end users do, so you are unlikely to see a benefit.
I still regularly duplicate complete campaigns though, because the algorithms still optimize too quickly and get stuck in local minima

On as a side note, FB sucks balls. Make sure you have multiple "people" in your business manager. We are not big spenders, but not insignificant (spend around 10k a month across clients), and I have been completely and utterly cut of from support since November. Zero access to chat or ticket support. Lucky other members of the team (in the same business manager) have access, but when I have bought this up via team members tickets, I get told bad luck, no idea why it's broken, bye (closed ticket). Google give me a free phone number and bug me every week for 500/month client accounts!

Last edited:
Create a custom audience of everyone that has engaged with the page/ad/watched 3 seconds of a video and exclude it from your ad.

Create 1-2 other pages, categorize them as different thing blog ect, use those "brands" to promote the same URL. Only do this if you are not health/finance/skincare related.

What was already said is the bottom line is Facebook knows 80% of that audience is never, ever going to buy based on the data they have. So if you bid for conversions they don't show those people your ads. Remember 80% of the revenue online is coming from less than 20% of the users.

Back