Only just noticed WF hid all of Enlightened Members Forum Posts

Nat

Degree
What the hell, pretty disappointed. I was about to go digging through there for some of @CCarter stuff and a few others.

@Philip J. Fry how come you are not getting promted to enter the username and password? If I try any other post it asks for the Username and Pass

@Philip J. Fry how come you are not getting promted to enter the username and password? If I try any other post it asks for the Username and Pass
WOW, I'm getting that too. Must have just been lucky to find the right thread.
Let me make a PDF for you guys. BRB.

*Removed by Moderator*

It has Big Brand, Page Speed, Hide Footprints from Competitors, Permission based marketing, market research, Monetization, Getting Traffic in Difficult Niches, and Traffic Leaks.

I got a tool for scraping Waybackmachine and pulled a lot of content already. I'll try and find time to put up the HTML/PDF files

I removed the links from this thread, this isn't the place to share that.

If the team over there feels that it's time for them to charge for their content, then that's their choice. It's a tricky situation... I understand that some of that content was created by people who don't even have access to it themselves now. It seems to be a complicated issue involving restructuring. It also has nothing to do with BuSo.

Please refrain from sharing secured content from other forums here publicly (Or secured content from anywhere, for that matter.)

Again, it's an obviously complicated issue, in which many of you even authored that content and are being blocked from accessing it yourselves. I get it. It's not a perfectly clear cut situation, but the solution has to be.

Thanks for understanding.

LOL no one's gonna cough up $46

LOL, are you choking on those words yet?

I really can't afford the monthly but I knew that people would pay for the opportunity to see where Jon takes it over there.

I think you will be very surprised by the number of people that already have 'coughed' up, and who some of them are.

In the old days (circa 2003) when I was building sites like a fiend, I maintained over 25 subscriptions to fee sites. I was paying more than $700 a month. This went on for over 18 months.

All of them promised great things. But in the end, all were a waste of money. Aside from an occasional gem - and to be sure, there were gems that could be exploited - the sites offered nothing of unique value on a regular basis.

For example, one membership site charged $97 a month. I learned three things that really impacted my business. At first, you might think, "$97/month for 18 months equals about $1,700. If you made more than $1,700 from those 3 ideas, it was worth it."

Not only is that untrue - 18 months is a long time to wait in this game. Besides, no one wants to break even. - but I came across those gems in ebooks and courses (i.e. no monthly fee). That's the problem with membership sites - at least in the marketing space. It takes phenomenal effort to deliver unique value on a regular basis.

The issue with the WF paywall is twofold. First, the value proposition thus far sucks. The promises made by Jon are enticing, but they're vague. Plus, I have a feeling he won't be able to deliver in a timely manner. He's been MIA for long periods. Even though he has rockstar status among some WF members, there's no underlying trust. That trust problem has been exacerbated by the locking of user-generated content behind the wall.

That's no way to convince people to pony up $46/month.

Second, if Jon manages to deliver on all of his promises in a timely manner, the delicious concepts and ideas he hands out to members won't be private for long. They'll show up in ebooks, courses and blogs. That's the nature of the beast. Ask anyone who has run a high-profile membership site in the marketing space.

None of the above is to suggest $46 isn't worth paying. That's a personal decision, especially if it includes a desire to interact with Jon. But it's going to be an uphill battle for him to reach 1,000 paid subscribers (my guesstimate on the number that would make this project worthwhile for Jon).

Back