Online Reputation Management Help for Celebrity Client

Seth

God-King Xerxes
Degree
I have a new ORM client in the celebrity/entertainment niche. Obviously it's heavily spammed. What would be the first order of business to help increase their social signals and/or rankings? Already have a SERPWoo account but just need a little direction. Thanks.

You need to move the various properties up in the SERPs for the keyword. Each platform has internal link juice that can be focused, think following and followers, too boost it's PageRank for that profile. Using your username as an example, ultimately if you boost your profile within twitter so you are #1 for Seth on Twitter in Google's eyes, that might be meaningless unless you have more link juice as the properties above you within the SERPs - not just twitter.com. So you'll then need off-site links, backlinks, to that property to boost up your twitter account to the front page of Google for "Seth".

ORM is not that difficult to control UNLESS you have negative content for your client's SERPs on high authority sites. So lets say you have a negative tweet which is ranking for SETH - in Google's eyes, that tweet is showing up since it's the highest "Seth" page within twitter. So going back you have to get more linkjuice to your positive "Seth" profile to outrank it in Google's eyes within the twitter.com domain; that linkjuice is quicker to come from internally, but external also works.

LinkJuice = Impact of Link B on Page B while linking to Page A. PageRank is still the best representation of that even though several 3rd party metrics have attempted to mimic it, the original source Google, is always going to be the best. Unfortunately PageRank is no longer going to be updated so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SERPWoo helps you see what's going on within the SERPs. With the ORM tagging you can tag whole domains or individual pages as negative or positive so you can see what's going on as you do your ORM campaigns. If 3rd party metrics are available for the URL you will see them and see an average of what's going on with the top SERPs.

If you know the top SERPs are averaging 10,000 backlinks to get within it OR the PageRank of the pages are all 3 and above - that's where you come in and figure out how to boost whatever pages you want to boost - up, and know what it will take to outrank the negative pages - unless you straight up Negative SEO the negative page/site - which I don't recommend if you don't know how to change the categorization of a page.

That's a very rudimentary explanation of HOW to do it, I'm simplifying a lot of complex things, like the 10K backlinks, may not mean much if your site is an authority and can do it with 10 backlinks, or the backlinks are being discounted or not even counted at all cause they are disavowed or considered spam. Each metric within SERPWoo is clickable so it will send you to that page's particular information for the url you are looking up, to make going to AHREFS, MOZ, and others etc a lot faster and easier from within the interface.

First thing I would do is go to the Global Stats within SERPWoo (https://www.serpwoo.com/members/stats), and find the top properties of the internet which always seem to rank. Right now it's:

1: Youtube.com
2: Facebook.com
3: Amazon.com
4: Wikipedia.org
5: Yelp.com
6: Ebay.com
7: Pinterest.com
8: YellowPages.com
9: Twitter.com
10: Yahoo.com

And so on, it goes to like 200 properties. Create accounts on those properties and use the site's internal linkjuices to push up your account on those properties and go from there. Since those are the top 200 sites within ALL the top 20 - the theory is ranking them should be no problem. But if you have negative posts on those high authority properties - yikes.

You might also want to check out this blog post I wrote up about the declining traffic to scam reporting sites: https://www.serpwoo.com/blog/review/scam-reporting-sites-drop/ . It'll give you some insight to what's going on with Google's SERPs for these type of negative sites, and hopefully help in your ORM adventure.

OMFG thanks for the deep knowledge "Boss".

Spoke to client regarding Twitter and he said his friends' can always get their post ranked as "Top Tweets" due to a quirk in twitter's algorithm. I checked a few of his examples and sure enough, a typical post gets massive RT's (1k) and Favs (1.5k) consistently. Would you or any other member know about this technique? Thanks again.

Sounds like you should ask your friend.

I have been doing ORM for years and for all sorts of people. PM/Skype me if you want me to take a look .Really wouldn't mind offering some actionable advice

I have been doing ORM for years and for all sorts of people. PM/Skype me if you want me to take a look .Really wouldn't mind offering some actionable advice
Sure. All help is welcomed. But how can I PM? I don't think I have PM permissions yet.

Back