On-going SEO for now lone wolf

Degree
I was working with a partner on a few sites (ranging from afill, content and lead gen). All are going well with good growth. He has decided to move on to another job (and graciously leaving the sites to me). I was mainly looking after; getting a site from idea to fully built out, link building, content plans/ briefs and communicating with writers.

We have tried to do a in depth handover but I'm worried I will be missing some routine tasks, I have tried to document everything to ensure I am capturing it all with frequency of tasks for each site (we have a main aff site, a content site and two lead gen sites)

Without being ripped to shreds would people mind just throwing in the ring a few tasks they deem important for ongoing maintenance/ growth.

Sounds like you're already covering the main things:
  • Links
  • Content
  • Development
With those, besides the obvious, I'd make sure plugins and themes stay up to date, etc.

Other things to do:
  • On-Page SEO
  • Checking that the affiliate programs and your links are good
  • Bookkeeping
  • Marketing (social, outreach, responding to emails)
  • Conversion rate optimization
  • Page speed slowing down over time as new plugins are added
  • Keyword research
  • Watching key performance indicators so you're maximizing what you have

Don't forget to take back-ups of your sites, too, and to test them occasionally to make sure they're all good. It's also a good idea to have backups that aren't stored on the same server as your website.

Back