Old Enlightened Member

Degree
hey everyone,
I have been in the internet industry for around 12 years and I feel I am fairly successful.
Right from the days of , domain name business/fat loss pills/acai and anti aging offers/xrumer to 2019 where branding and user experience matters.

I used to check out here sometimes but not post.
Now I hope to start posting here.

My strength as an entrepreneur is finding markets which have low or zero competition.
I also have interest in innovation to make this world a better place.

If anyone of you have any questions regarding business/entrepreneurship, please post.
I would like to answer what I can.

I like to answer "WHYs".

Why people join this forum?
The accurate answer is not to make money.
Somewhere in the mind of many people here, the final goal is to be financially independent, successful and owning their own growing business on which they have complete control & which they enjoy running.

If I can assist you guys in your goals I would be happy to help.
Also, my goal here is to network and grow my knowledge/business & make friends.

Degree
Very Intelligent Question:
Do not think local or national. Think Global. Research, research and research. Google trends is also your friend. See which industries/sectors are growing. Whatever you see ask yourself a lot of "why's" at every stage. Do not shy away from using keyword research tools where you feel is required.
If you can travel, travel to a completely new country and observe what is going on and why. This will help your neurons fire.
No experience in life is waste, remember this.
Failures are sometimes more valuable than success.
Keep your mind open. All languages that people use on google are valuable. Google translate is also your friend.
Pick one niche and try it all over the globe.
Fail, Fail, Fail you will see everything is covered but it is not.
try another niche. do not tie yourself to one niche.
Don't be afraid to sell "Luxury Yatch Rentals" in Nigeria.
There are rich people everywhere.

Keep repeating whenever you fail, it should not take you long to find something with low or zero competition.

Also check manually top few SERPs. They are always not as strong as you think.
Learn SEO.
Learn Keyword Research.

Do not hate PPC either.
Facebook, youtube, Instagram, twitter everything has its place.
Do not accept or dismiss anything without rational evidence.

If you see a site ranking for years , try to know why and see how that can benefit in your project.

If a PPC campaign is running for years, do the same thing.

Above all remember you have to deliver value when you rank, else you will fall even after ranking sooner or later.
Do gigs to make instant money. Don't do business for instant money.

Plan and read but you should take some action every single day.

Someone can hold your hand and show you a niche but this will not teach you to fish. You will always need them.

When you reach the end, you will realise all the pain was worth it, you will control your finances and life and enter among a minority of people on earth who accomplish this.

If you are on this forum, you can do it.

And do one thing at a time, if you are slow do not worry. This road has to be slow if you are less than 2 years in the industry. Exceptions are everywhere. Make sure you are one step ahead every single day.

Amazon is also your friend, so is anything growing.
Ask why Amazon is rich?
what problem does Amazon solve?
Is there a bigger problem in the world right now?
Can you solve it?

If yes then you are already a billionaire.

Anything you do in life without answering why, has a chance to be irrational behaviour. We all are irrational somewhere. The successful ones are those who can minimise it the most.

Any questions, feel free to post.

Last edited:
Degree
Do not think local or national. Think Global. Research, research and research.
Thx for this answer. What would be a good example for such a market? What are some main criteria that you look for before entering?

Degree
Example can be any industry where people like to read/see content. Ask yourself, is everyone in the world getting what they want to read? If not then who? Then research and find out. If it is a profitable niche. Plan how? Adsense? or you can build a business around it? Or you can network directly with businesses there? Or are there good affiliate networks from whom you can get commissions?

The first criteria I would look is that can I deliver better than the first ranked website. Honestly that is the only criteria. Rest is just delivery of content and basic SEO. If you can do this, you will never have to worry about SEO/PPC/Social Media Marketing after ranking.
Yes there are industries where you can rank for sometime but my focus is on building long term businesses. Long term stable growing businesses can only be built when you give quality supply to a hungry growing market.