Now The EU Want To Ban Memes...

RomesFall

‍‍‍
BuSo Pro
Degree
The cretinous EU are trying to flex their brussels once more.

This is actually far more serious than the title suggests.

A new copyright law from the European Union would lead to the banning of memes on the internet, campaigners are warning.

The EU Copyright Directive intends to protect the intellectual property rights of people who upload their material to the internet.

However, campaigners are warning the law will require "all content uploaded to the internet to be monitored and potentially deleted if a likeness to existing copyright is protected".

- Source

I mean my god... This shit has got to stop.

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
If I was writing a guide on how to ensure that I got meme'd on as hard as possible for the rest of eternity, it would be two words long: "Ban memes."

RomesFall

‍‍‍
BuSo Pro
Degree
If I was writing a guide on how to ensure that I got meme'd on as hard as possible for the rest of eternity, it would be two words long: "Ban memes."
The issue is that if they manage to pass this law, they won't see it anyway lol

Between the GDPR, this (which includes reviews, video, music and much more), the proposed link tax, article 3 on text and data mining. This will completely change the way the Internet is and has ever been used.

I for one will simply block any EU user from visiting any of my sites ever again, and I think that a lot of people will do the same thing rather than bow to laws created by an organization that seemingly believes they have divine ownership of the world wide web. I hope that if these laws do come to pass that there will be a reaction of this nature. Essentially throwing Europe back into the dark ages, as these days going back to a pre-internet existence, you may as well be in the dark ages.

seoauthority

BuSo Pro
Degree
yeah, it's funny how memes fall squarely in the US "Fair Use" laws of IP, something that has no equivalent in the EU.

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
EU will end soon anyway. But this law is not only about copyrights etc. Another thing that EU want to destroy is what's left form "freedom of speech"... Memes give people possibility to express their emotions etc. in an easy and straightforward way so even dog would understand. Those images are getting viral real quick, and EU psychopaths don't like this. In general EU like only things it can fully control :smile: So they don't like Internet how it is now, and must be changed so EU bureaucrats have full control over it. Of course it's not going to happen, but they are wasting HUGE amounts of money on projects like this one.

Where EU is going? Lately a guy who does printing services (leaflets, banners etc.) was sentenced by high court for refusing to print LGBT banners. Those lgbt people told in court that they felt humiliated, that their rights were infringed and the guy should be punished. After many months court said that the guy is guilty becosue he had no reason to refuse printing, fortunately he won't be punished. This is his business, he is the owner and according to court he can't deal (or not) with whom he want... Some really sick EU shit. And this situation had place in Poland, but from what I see further West could be even worse...

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Another thing that EU want to destroy is what's left form "freedom of speech"... Memes give people possibility to express their emotions etc. in an easy and straightforward way so even dog would understand.

I'd say this is the true reason. "How dare everyone bypass traditional means of communication that we can't easily monitor. You mean we need to be able to read text on images now and they're still so cryptic with 18 layers of inside jokes that we wouldn't get it anyways? Way too subversive for our tastes. We better ban them."

They want to monitor uploads is what I read, which is absurd in the challenge itself, even automating it. But what's stopping someone from using a VPN or from passing their memes to someone outside the EU through an encrypted chat and letting them post them?

Golan

BuSo Pro
Degree
I for one will simply block any EU user from visiting any of my sites ever again
You are not alone. Some folks are already doing this. Even one very popular domaining portal/blog.