Non-US Amazon Affiliates Help

Michael

BuSo Pro
Degree
Anyone not in the US - how long does it take you to get paid?

Specifically for anyone in Australia, how long do checks take to clear from the big banks (westpac, NAB, CBA etc)?
Are there fees when converting $USD to $AUD?

With the:
a) Time to receive a check from Amazon in the US
b) Time it takes the bank process the check
c) Any fees (likely is) to convert from $USD --> $AUD

I really need to consider other affiliate programs.

UK here working on the US program.

Checks take about a week to arrive and about another week to deposit into my bank account.

Fees are around £10 but conversion rates are decent. All in all I lose around $50.

you can also get paid via amazon voucher and there are quiet a few sites you can then use to convert them to cash or even bitcoin

I'm in the UK and used to get checks sent but it would take about 2 weeks and 10% fees before I saw any money.

I opened a Payoneer account couple months ago and once I get the email from Amazon the money is in my UK bank 2 days later. Fees are much better too, only 1% I think?

To echo what others have mentioned, when I was using the US program from the UK it would take 1-2 weeks for cheque to arrive. My bank took a ridiculous fee for paying in non-GBP cheques too. If you can use Payoneer that would be a much better option.

Hey mate, yepp use Payoneer if you can. The fees are much lower and you will get your money faster.

My experience with Payoneer, expect at least a week for payment transfers.

My experience is that it takes 2 months from the end of the month in which you accrue the income. So on Jan 1 I received a cheque for October income. Does that make sense?

Bumping this thread to mention Borderless (https://transferwise.com/borderless).

Just set my account up and linked to my AA account - should be getting some funds here in a few days so will see how it goes but it should be cheaper than Payoneer.

I use payoneer and the 'withdraw to bank account' option. Lets you send a wire transfer to your bank account anywhere. (under your name only)

I use payoneer and the 'withdraw to bank account' option. Lets you send a wire transfer to your bank account anywhere. (under your name only)

Payoneer is definitely more expensive than transfer wise I found.

Payoneer is definitely more expensive than transfer wise I found.
Oh yes, they are super expensive when it comes to going to an ATM...

But They don't take any fees to withdraw to your bank account. How much it costs will depend on your own bank's fee to receive a wire transfer in USD and convert.

I withdraw to an Eastern Europe-based bank, costs me about $20 per withdraw.

You can't transfer directly from Amazon to a non-US bank account though (unfortunately)

Bumping this thread to mention Borderless.

Just set my account up and linked to my AA account - should be getting some funds here in a few days so will see how it goes but it should be cheaper than Payoneer.

Did Amazon end up doing the payment into your Transferwise Borderless account no problem?

Hi Michael

Regarding your below questions.
I am based in Aus and can let you know what happens with me.

My bank (Heritage Bank) charge me a $10au fee when i bank the cheque, they then post it to the USA and it takes 6 weeks to clear (on average). I get whatever the exchange rate is at the time from the bank( i think the bank takes a sneaky 3.5% as well.

Regarding receiving the cheque from Amazon, they post it on the 1st of each month and i usually get it around the 15th of the month.

Its a pretty lengthy process but you get it in the end.

Hope that helps.

Are there fees when converting $USD to $AUD?

With the:
a) Time to receive a check from Amazon in the US
b) Time it takes the bank process the check
c) Any fees (likely is) to convert from $USD --> $AUD

@ordobey (have asked this elsewhere but trying here to, hope that's okay!)

I'm thinking about switching from being paid by cheque as Amazon affiliate to Transferwise too. What's your experience so far? Any problems?

That would really help me decide between Payoneer (which I find a little iffy in terms of support etc.) and Transferwise (had good support calls already, but don't know if it works).

Back