Nofollow Affiliate Links & Ranking Page 1

Degree
I have a few pages which are lists for products. They're highly targeted and very specific. Each page contains unique text but also large lists of affiliate links to products. These 2000+ affiliate links are marked as nofollow. Will this impact my chances of ranking on page 1? Should I do follow these instead so there are not excessive nofollow's here?

Keep them all nofollow. You won't have any problem because of the nofollow. I have thousands of nofollow affiliate links on my websites and have zero problem ranking on page 1.

JamaicanMoose is correct. They SHOULD be nofollow. It's exactly what it's designed for. If you change them to dofollow over some inkling of a suspicion that somehow having 1500 nofollow links and 500 dofollow outbound links will protect you somehow, what you're doing is "giving credit" to affiliate programs that are paying you. This means those are "incentivized links" (basically paid links). So now you have the real chance of getting in trouble for "selling links" instead of some imaginary scenario where using nofollow correctly can hurt you.

@Ryuzaki - Awesome, I'll be keeping them nofollow and reporting once these types of pages start ranking. I'm not the only one doing these types of posts. However, what I did determine before doing so was that no one is doing it for the affiliate programs I am. So, while that might not give me a crazy edge, I figured if I can provide some buying options + value and do so in an organized fashion, I might make strides here.

@JamaicanMoose - Thanks for reassuring things here! Going keep things just the way they are. I appreciate the response!

Back