Nice To Meet Everyone...Here's My Story

Just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself and share my story, why I'm here, what I've done and what I'm hoping to contribute here, accomplish along this IM journey...

So, where do I start? I'll start with a friendly "Hello everyone and cheers!" It's great to meet you all and I'm happy to be here. I've been doing some form of Internet marketing for the last few years. I got started by dipping my toes in the water without knowing a single thing about any of it. I've...

- Teamed up with partners with heavy programming knowledge.

- Built a large single site that post-purchase was doing more than $20k a month (before tanking and acquiring to revive).

- Built a community in a microniche that ended up making no money and being a time suck.

- Purchased hundreds of domains and wasted money in fear that others would run with the idea or that I'd eventually get around to it.

- Learned SEO via trial and error (PBNS, fresh domains, multiple niches etc and made strides from basically nothing to 5-figure months.

- I also failed at quite a few after throwing money at projects I was not passionate about, simply chasing shiny objects.

- Lost all monthly IM earnings at one point and dropped to less than $1k a month due to rankings tanking and Algo update aftermath.

- Been working in a few niches that I like and am able to make money in but I'm looking to really throttle things in 2021.

Why am I telling you this? Because I think it helps us better understand one another, our IM journey and ultimately help everyone make money.

Last but not least, why did I choose Mrpotato? Well, I love potatoes and I was staring at my kids Mr Potato Head when I joined this forum.

Looking forward to connecting with IMers, SEOs, sharing what I know, and contributing where I can contribute.

Happy New Year everyone and looking forward to connecting with you all!

Sincerely,
MrPotato

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Heh, hell yeah, I like this guy already.

Welcome to BuSo!

What are your plans to throttle things up for 2021, do you have any ideas in mind of what that looks like yet, for your niche sites? Are there things you're planning to do drastically differently this time around, or just focusing had and grinding out some more wins using what's worked for you in the past?

What are your plans to throttle things up for 2021, do you have any ideas in mind of what that looks like yet, for your niche sites? Are there things you're planning to do drastically differently this time around, or just focusing had and grinding out some more wins using what's worked for you in the past?
Hi Potatoe, from one potato to another, the pleasures all mine. Here's what I've decided so far (much of it is still up for debate but I'll give you an overview). For starters, I'm cleaning out my closets. Time to Marie Kondo the F outta things!

Domains not built out (shiny objects mostly) that don't have 2,000+ search volume as an exact match or great brand-ability - see ya, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Affiliate sites built out with no power, no top 3 rankings, and no money coming in, see ya!

PBNs built out with low DR and less than 100 BLs, see ya!

Hosting accounts serving pretty much nothing or nothing of worth...bye Felicia!

So what the heck will I do?

1. I'll pick 1 - 2 projects per niche max and push it to the core on those. I will not focus on building small sites but instead more authoritative sites with many pages covering multiple topics within a niche.

2. I'm far less likely to jump into any new niche unless I have an edge of some kind. That could be understanding that a set of KWs converts, understanding that an affiliate program has great conversions which can be negotiated to pay much higher than traditional payouts, or knowing that there is room within the buyer intent rankings. There are lots of people who jump on the latest craze (including my past self) just because it's hot or trending in Google only to realize that it's further spreading thin with no real edge or knowing if the niche/product pays well.

3. I will commit to spending 4-5 figures in linking before jumping into anything. To make a lot of money, you need links and those links cost money.

4. I plan on being less aggressive and going after quality when acquiring links and domains. Just because it's got good DR and backlinks, I'm not going to fixate on that.

5. I'm going to waste less time and think less, but do more.

6. I am going to outsource way more. I actually came across BuSo while reading a blog that was suggested by an SEO who seems to outsource almost everything and he makes a very healthy net profit it seems based on case studies. That said, I'll be spending less time doing updates myself, looking for individual link ops, and formatting content.

That's where I'm starting for 2021 at least.

secretagentdad

American Dad is the best show of all time.
BuSo Pro
I don't have anything to add but I like everything about this thread.

Glad ur posting.

Last edited:
6. I am going to outsource way more. I actually came across BuSo while reading a blog that was suggested by an SEO who seems to outsource almost everything and he makes a very healthy net profit it seems based on case studies. That said, I'll be spending less time doing updates myself, looking for individual link ops, and formatting content.

Welcome the forum.

Do you have a link for the blog post as I'm currently planning to do something similar myself.

Welcome the forum.

Do you have a link for the blog post as I'm currently planning to do something similar myself.
Hi NorthernMonkey, sorry for the delay in responding here. Sure, I'm happy to share. Actually, now that I remember, this is how I ended up on BuSo. In a roundabout way, I was reading some case studies from an SEO named Tom Spicky. I read, "90% of the work will be outsourced to other companies" and my ears perked up. He's got some case studies. Heck, he may even be here I have no idea, but either way, somehow, I ended up here from his blog and reading about Avalanche I think. I'm not sure if "newbies" here are allowed to link to case studies but this is the URL where I read it. https://tomspicky.com/project-aries/. Hope I'm not breaking any rules. Please delete if so.