Should I wait to put display ads on my website?

Degree
Currently building my own low comp low volume site, two months in and getting around 150 page views per week. I initially decided I'd hold off on getting Ezoic on there until at least a couple of thousands, but now it has me wondering if I shouldn't just get the ads on there already. I've heard that the Ezoic system needs a little bit of time to find the perfect ad placements, so I was wondering if I could save some time and get my RPM up already.

Currently building my own low comp low volume site, two months in and getting around 150 page views per week. I initially decided I'd hold off on getting Ezoic on there until at least a couple of thousands, but now it has me wondering if I shouldn't just get the ads on there already. I've heard that the Ezoic system needs a little bit of time to find the perfect ad placements, so I was wondering if I could save some time and get my RPM up already.

Get those ads up, player.

I think Ezoic requires 10k sessions per month, unless they've relaxed their requirements again. I wouldn't sign up for any long-term commitment with them tho (for example to get a discounted rate on their premium membership), because there are greener pastures once you have 50-100k friends visiting you each month.

I was under the impression that you needed an AdSense account in order to use Ezoic, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I was going to suggest getting some AdSense up there while waiting to hit the Ezoic milestone.

Get those ads up, player.

I think Ezoic requires 10k sessions per month, unless they've relaxed their requirements again. I wouldn't sign up for any long-term commitment with them tho (for example to get a discounted rate on their premium membership), because there are greener pastures once you have 50-100k friends visiting you each month.

I was under the impression that you needed an AdSense account in order to use Ezoic, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I was going to suggest getting some AdSense up there while waiting to hit the Ezoic milestone.

There's actually no 10,000 pageviews requirement anymore - anyone can join. Appreciate the advice about long-term commitments too. The goal is definitely to hit MediaVine/AdThrive eventually.

I initially decided I'd hold off on getting Ezoic on there until at least a couple of thousands, but now it has me wondering if I shouldn't just get the ads on there already.
There's no point in waiting. The sooner you integrate, the sooner you can begin earning revenue that can be used to purchase some "starter" links, which will help propel your site further in the future.

I wish I would've integrated my website as soon as I got accepted to the early access program (before anyone could join) back in March- my fears about a steep decline in site speed, etc. haven't come to fruition after a week of integration.

Also, as you mentioned, Ezoic takes 45-60 days to do ad testing so your EPMV can increase to a decent level- I'm currently at around $5 to $7 after a week.

Back