Do Backlinks Still Matter in 2021 SEO?

Degree
A lot of guys selling courses are moving away from paying for backlinks. I've seen people post the apposite of that here.

Do you recommend paying for backlinks? Or getting super good at building HARO backlinks?

A lot of guys selling courses are moving away from paying for backlinks. I've seen people post the apposite of that here.

Do you recommend paying for backlinks? Or getting super good at building HARO backlinks?

It seems almost all people pay for backlinks today.

It seems to me like the qualifier is if you actually get value from those links or if Google quietly nerfed their value.

Making a lot of money in SEO requires a lot of links.

Making some money in SEO requires some links and good content.

The market for 0 replication cost goods supports more participants then the having to rank competitive keywords or talk to clients niche because it’s plausible to scale it up.

This makes demand generation level marketing worthwhile. Hence why you see so many people shilling info products even though their conversion rates suck.
Next to 0 replication cost on courses creates a powerful incentive structure that has a larger more accessible value capture. On 100$ Average value capture course I can spend darn close to 100$ on marketing once I’m up and running and still be in the green.

On a consulting project or agency services contracting hustle I’m out of business or at least very non competitive if I start spending over 10% on customer acquisition.
Cost of goods sold and capacity overhead just kills you.

Honestly you don't need links. BUT, that's if you tackle it in X ways. If you for example build out your site with display ads and only tackle underserved topics that literally has 0 competition - you'll be able to get a ton of #1's and snippets with literally 0 backlinks.

Content seems to be what everything boils down to nowadays, even for affiliate sites. Topical authority, internal linking and good content seems to be the #1 thing to focus on now.

Interesting case study about 0 backlinks, but content only:
https://www.oncrawl.com/technical-seo/importance-topical-authority-semantic-seo/

Back