Foreign Blogspot Image Link Spam - Should I Worry?

harrytwatter

just be nice ffs
Degree
Shit tons of your images on shit foreign language blogspots with popup spam = cause for concern or ignore and back to the grind?

Shit tons of your images on shit foreign language blogspots with popup spam = cause for concern or ignore and back to the grind?

If it was any other type of mass spam I'd tell you to ignore it. It was maybe 2 years ago, 3 years max that I saw that exact scheme get a site penalized. I was offered 50% to get it unpenalized and I determined it was dofollow links from a giant, automated blogspot web 2.0 PBN, where the links only hit image file URLs and never content URLs. It was still enough to land a link-based penalty, which was quickly reversed upon disavowing all of it.

Things could have changed since then, and I hope they have. The difference between blogspot image link spam and the image scrapers with their own CMS's on their own domains is the latter tend to drop off on their own over time. The blogspots are forever and seem less "footprinty" in terms of Google easily identifying it and ignoring it.

If it was any other type of mass spam I'd tell you to ignore it. It was maybe 2 years ago, 3 years max that I saw that exact scheme get a site penalized.
Thanks for this, I think I will. It's largely foreign language and they have intrusive pop ups that redirect me to nefarious places. I'm down about 40% over the last few weeks, of course hard to determine precisely from what, but one thing at a time. Would be sweet if Google moderated/regulated their own wasteland of a blog platform..

Back