How Long Does it Take for a Backlink to Start Counting in Google?

Degree
After receiving a backlink, how long does it usually take to start passing on link juice? Also, how long does it usually take to show up in Ahrefs? I obtained multiple backlinks from a page but Ahref's shows no connection to my site.

After receiving a backlink, how long does it usually take to start passing on link juice? Also, how long does it usually take to show up in Ahrefs? I obtained multiple backlinks from a page but Ahref's shows no connection to my site.
Nobody outside google really knows.

My best guess is you get some value when its first indexed.
You also get some value when comparison tests data gets merged in over time on later dates.

If you want to try and correlate new links you've obtained with keyword improvements use a tracker like Serp Woo or merge in your search console data with calendar notations for new links in excel or something similar.

Ahrefs is a third party tracker that finds your new links on its own over time.
It has no association with what Google does.

Don't use Ahrefs for that, it doesn't matter.

Use "site:url" search in google to see if the page with your link is indexed. That's all that matters. You can check in Google Search Console afterwards, but it can take months.

I really don't bother with trying to deduce when a link kicks in. Too many variables to connect it to more or less traffic. I go by best practice and just steadily try to improve my backlink count.

Back