How much should I fix that's not green on an Ahrefs audit?

Degree
Currently using Ahref's site audit and it says I have 85 pages with missing meta descriptions. These all happen to be category pages, my about page, etc. Should these all be set to no-index, to begin with?

Also, with the site audit, is it worth fixing warnings (the yellow symbols), or does only fixing the errors move the needle?

Currently using Ahref's site audit and it says I have 85 pages with missing meta descriptions. These all happen to be category pages, my about page, etc. Should these all be set to no-index, to begin with?

Also, with the site audit, is it worth fixing warnings (the yellow symbols), or does only fixing the errors move the needle?
Why would you noindex your About page? The others, that's your choice. Google's John Mueller says it's fine to leave them indexed. If you do noindex them you should keep page 1 of the paginated series indexed and only noindex page 2 and beyond.

I wouldn't assume yellow symbol errors don't move the needle. I haven't run an Ahrefs audit, but they're showing it to you and it's not green. They're probably easy to fix and easy advantages to have over competitors even if they're tiny needle moves.

Why would you noindex your About page? The others, that's your choice. Google's John Mueller says it's fine to leave them indexed. If you do noindex them you should keep page 1 of the paginated series indexed and only noindex page 2 and beyond.

I wouldn't assume yellow symbol errors don't move the needle. I haven't run an Ahrefs audit, but they're showing it to you and it's not green. They're probably easy to fix and easy advantages to have over competitors even if they're tiny needle moves.
Misspoke about the about page - not going to no-index it. And it sounds like I might as well leave them as they are then.

I made a number of changes to my site yesterday but they're not reflected in today's audit. Hopefully, the changes show up in ahrefs in audits in the coming days. If they don't, I assume I did something wrong. Now I just need to figure out how to fix "Open Graph URL not matching canonical" and "Open Graph tags incomplete".

@Titan243, If you open your site in the site audit you can also hit the "new crawl" button if you don't want to wait a week for the next crawl.

Now I just need to figure out how to fix "Open Graph URL not matching canonical"
I wouldn't worry about it but probably either of these urls is relative and the other is not. Their crawler isn't smart enough to see those as identical. Unless you're linking to a completetly different page you're probably fine.

"Open Graph tags incomplete".
It depends on what information is missing. You can check with Facebooks official debugger (you need a FB account): https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

Back