Are Adsense Auto Ads too Aggressive?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Are Adsense ads too aggressive?

I am a noob with display ads and I suprised at how obnoxious Adsense auto ads are. They are everywhere, mess up the formatting and they even do show stopping popups, something that Google generally frowns upon.

Is this just the norm with display ads of any kind?

Are Adsense ads too aggressive?

I am a noob with display ads and I suprised at how obnoxious Adsense auto ads are. They are everywhere, mess up the formatting and they even do show stopping popups, something that Google generally frowns upon.

Is this just the norm with display ads of any kind?
Google follows the agreed upon rules set by the Coalition for Better Ads and the Internet Advertising Bureau. They set not only what the acceptable ad unit sizes are and all that, but also how many you can show and how much screen space they can take up, etc. Meaning that there's a max you can use before Google algorithm docks you points for it. I use that maximum.

Adsense should be following this too with their Auto Ads, though I don't use it. They do crap like try to collapse padding to show bigger ads, etc. Which doesn't work well if you used margins instead (or vice versa, I don't remember). But yeah, they DO stick ads in insane places too. Totally was not happy with it at all.

But those weird interstitial ads that happen after a click to another page, Google is fine with those. They aren't considered intrusive, though I hate them because they mess up holding "Command + Click" to open in a new tab, etc.

Back