How Do I Use Awin's Convert-a-Click to Track Affiliate Conversions?

Degree
I set up tag manager to track non-affiliate Etsy link clicks which fired as expected.

But, today I added the Awin script for conversions and enabled the convert-a-click in the Awin dashboard which seems to register the non-affiliate link plus the convert-a-click link in GA events (I get 2 events rather than 1) which messes the tracking, at my end at least.

I've never used Awin before so I'm not 100% sure on how it should be set up. Any pointers to sort this out would be awesome.

I set up tag manager to track non-affiliate Etsy link clicks which fired as expected.

But, today I added the Awin script for conversions and enabled the convert-a-click in the Awin dashboard which seems to register the non-affiliate link plus the convert-a-click link in GA events (I get 2 events rather than 1) which messes the tracking, at my end at least.

I've never used Awin before so I'm not 100% sure on how it should be set up. Any pointers to sort this out would be awesome.

Bit confused by your question.
If it's the case that links you don't want to be affiliate links are becoming converted you can opt them out.
Ignore Links
If there are any links that you do not want to be converted into affiliate links by the Convert-a-Link plug-in, you can apply the data-awinignore attribute to them. See below for an example of how to apply this attribute:
<a href="https://www.test.com/tablet-accessories/ipad-sleeve-red/106.html" data-awinignore>iPad Sleeve - Red</a>

Last edited:
Bit confused by your question.
If it's the case that links you don't want to be affiliate links are becoming converted you can opt them out.

Yeah, I was probably just unclear. I just disabled the convert-a-click and build the affiliate links manually and it seems to all function properly

Back