How do I improve my First Contentful Paint page speed score?

Degree
Hey, another question (also happy new year), recently I logged into webmaster tools on one of my sites which I thought perform in terms of speed above average and it looks I was wrong.
I have got an SLOW message in Mobile speed for all pages/posts. Computer is average.
My score on pagespeed is:
Mobile: 79 score (Desktop: 97)
Mobile: FCP - 3,1s , FMP - 3,2s
Average page size under <1MB (mostly about 0,5MB)
My question is: Would you care about that slow webmaster tools speed thing and should I resolve this? If yes, how? Ryuzaki mentioned that FCP is mostly about TTFB, so hosting change? Can you reccomend me any which can perform well? Im assuming that because my theme is configured good and my images are optimized to the max, dont really know what is wrong :!
Right now running that site on shared server with activated cloudflare.
Thank you my friends

Last edited:
Ryuzaki mentioned that FCP is mostly about TTFB, so hosting change? Can you reccomend me any which can perform well? Im assuming that because my theme is configured good and my images are optimized to the max, dont really know what is wrong :!

It's not mostly about Time to First Byte (TTFB) but if you can get that faster then everything else is faster because everything else comes after it. Otherwise, First Contentful Paint (FCP) is about getting anything rendered on the screen. That typically means reducing render-blocking files in size or making them asynchronous or defer them for later (CSS and JS files).

You can inline some CSS in the <head> of your HTML before you call the full CSS file to help the above-the-fold area render sooner, rather than having to download and parse through the CSS file. You can have a Flash of Unstyled Text (FOUT) so that system fonts appear before whatever nice font you're serving. You can lazy load images (deferring the ones above-the-fold) so you can flash anything else up faster like text.

Back